Feeling deflated

Options
Jod1eC
Jod1eC Posts: 35 Member
Ok so I track my food, and most days stay within the cal limit if I go over it's only by 10-20 cals a d only maybe 1-2 days. I do 5/6 classes per week at the gym including strength and cardio and yet the scales keep creaping up week after week. I now weigh 12stone 5 (5ft 7) ekk
I don't really know what to do. I weighed less when I sat on my butt all week and did no exercise. Feeling really low today any suggestions!

Replies

• Kr15by
    Kr15by Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Has your bodyfat percentage changed at all?
    What percentage of your calories are protein,carbs and fat
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Just a guess, but it sounds like you've over estimated your caloric requirement. As you probably know, you need to be at a caloric deficit in order to lose weight. Try cutting your daily/weekly caloric intake by 10% and see what happens.
  • Katleskin
    Katleskin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back exercise calories? Be aware that burn totals are usually overestimated so if you're eating back your entire allowance you are likely not to be in a true deficit.
  • Jod1eC
    Options
    Thanks everyone I will make some adjustments this week and see how it goes.
    Fingers crossed :neutral:
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    HOW do you track your food? Do you weigh everything on a digital food scale? Could you open your diary?
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    When you say you track your food, do you mean that you weigh everything with a digital food scale?
  • Jod1eC
    Options
    Hi I either weigh it or choose from the database or scan the barcode!
    Thanks
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Thanks

Always weigh when you can because it will give you the best accuracy. Unfortunately there is lots of inaccurate entries on the database here and I found that the barcode scanner also takes you to member entries as well. I know its a pain but once you have scanned an item checking the nutrition data against the package is a good habit to get in to
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Thanks

What does that mean? What do you do when you 'choose something from the database or scan the barcode'?
    Weigh EVERY SINGLE THING that goes in your mouth (except for water and you can use volume measurements for liquids but not for semi-solid foods like oils and nut butters). Double-check the database entries against the package information as there are a ton of wrong entries. I'm in Finland so I check generic entries without package against a database by the National Institute for Health and Welfare—I know the USDA also has a database like that.
  • Jod1eC
    Options
    Thanks guys weighed everything today! Maybe the database has been the issue
  • Jod1eC
    Options
    Obviously I cant carry scales with me so may have to rely on packaging on it's own sometimes
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Obviously I cant carry scales with me so may have to rely on packaging on it's own sometimes

It is okay to do that SOMETIMES. But you really have to weigh out all of your food most of the time.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    when you arent losing for an extended period its because:
    1. You are eating more than you think.
    2. Burning less than you think.
    3. Your logging and weighing methods are inaccurate.
    4. You arent being patient or accounting for the non linearity of weight loss including fluctuations.
    5. You havent set the right calorific goals.