Healthiest beer (that's not a "light")

Options
I heard it's guiness! 115 for a bottle :) anyone else opinions?

Replies

• phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I concur
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Healthiest? Well, it's true Guinness is the lowest calorie (non light) beer, if that is what you mean :wink:
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Leinenkugel summer shandy comes in at 130! Totally worth it in my opinion. :) All of my other non-light fav's are 170-200!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    As a brewer I can tell you stick with dark beers for heatlh benefits! The health benefits of a dark beer are similar to a red wine. That being said, you can drink a Guiness Stout as it is a nice dark beer with very low calories (less than Butttweiser).
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    As a brewer I can tell you stick with dark beers for heatlh benefits! The health benefits of a dark beer are similar to a red wine. That being said, you can drink a Guiness Stout as it is a nice dark beer with very low calories (less than Butttweiser).

Brewer....you are my idol! what a job. that's awesome.

I enjoy my guiness Stout for sure...but also enjoy the buds (but only the ones brewed in Canada, I find american Bud doesn't taste good).
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    <3 Guiness!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

I enjoy my guiness Stout for sure...but also enjoy the buds (but only the ones brewed in Canada, I find american Bud doesn't taste good).

Wish it was my job! It's my hobby of 10 years though! I have helped some friends who are professional brewers out a lot though.
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I drink RedBridge because it's gluten free. I forget how many calories are in a bottle, if I remember correctly, it's something like 120.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    My vote is for Chimay Grande Reserve. Probably 200-400 calories per 12 oz serving, but it's good for the soul. Low calories doesn't mean healthy right?
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Wish it was my job! It's my hobby of 10 years though! I have helped some friends who are professional brewers out a lot though.

Ooh brewing as a hobby! Why aren't you in CA? Lol
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmGuinness.

Carbombs anybody? I sure could use one (or six) after last night...
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmGuinness.

Carbombs anybody? I sure could use one (or six) after last night...

I'm in :)
  • ktty7000
    ktty7000 Posts: 3
    Options
    55 by budweiser it has 55 calories wow hardly no calories has anyone tried it ? if so let me know?:drinker: :tongue:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Let's GO! 1 condition: we cannot go to the Elephant Bar. They won't let you drop the bomb, they give you the Jamo/Baileys in a rocks glass, and they expect you to pour it into the Guinness...WTF!? That is NOT a car bomb!!! Their LAME excuse? Some guy broke his tooth and sued us when the shot glass hit him in the mouth...so you can't have a proper car bomb. :huh: Buh-bye Elephant Bar!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options

I always thought it was "Butt-WIPER" Have I been wrong all these years??

Very interesting topic by the way.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I like all beers. The darker and more flavorful, the better! Beer is very good for you, just like wine! :heart:
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    My vote is for Chimay Grande Reserve. Probably 200-400 calories per 12 oz serving, but it's good for the soul. Low calories doesn't mean healthy right?
    Taso... I knew I liked you! A man after my own heart :drinker: :drinker:
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    55 by budweiser it has 55 calories wow hardly no calories has anyone tried it ? if so let me know?:drinker: :tongue:

I tried it thinking it was such a deal but when I got it home, I realized it had half the alcohol content of a regular (even light beer) so I drank twice as much and could have had a much better tasting wheat beer.
  • BrookeEspinosa
    Options
    Bud select 55 tastes like water, but the 99 calorie isn't too bad.
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    "Guinness. It's good for you!" Haha it is a happy accident, but it also has protein! So good for you. And delicious!