gottalose50

Options
igottalose50
igottalose50 Posts: 24 Member
edited June 2015 in Introduce Yourself
hello i am 24 years old , i am 5'3 and weight 212 ..my goal is to lose 50 lbs by october or sooner if possible.i have been going to a weight lost clinic ,watching what i eat ,doing exercise n using my food diary here ,for 3weeks so far ive lost 11 lbs,i use to weight 223 my question is..
what has worked for you to give your weight lost goal a little boost?
thanks in advance!! i will keep you updated every friday!!

Replies

• JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and weigh 205. Losing 50 pounds by October is unreasonable and unhealthy. If you are going to a weight loss clinic and they are stating that is a reasonable goal, than you may want to get a second opinion. The weight always comes off easiest the first 3 weeks or so, but you should only lose a maximum of 2 pounds per week. With it being almost July, that would mean to be reasonable, I would say you may be able to lose 30-35 pounds healthy by October. Unreasonable goals will make you less likely to sustain your weight loss. Just be patient, to live a healthier lifestyle it takes time.
  • igottalose50
    Options
    they know i wanna lose 50 lbs but they dont know i wanna do it by october, maybe your right ,n it is a little to much, i thought it was 3 lbs per week ......n yes its very hard to get used to ah healthy life style......
  • igottalose50
    Options
    but since ive already lost 11lbs lbs ....i only have 39 lbs to lose ...i think it is possible by october .....
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    A reasonable weight loss average is 1 - 2lbs per week. Aim for your goal but don't fall down if you don't reach it. Whatever your weight by October, if you continue to lose weight, is less than you weight today.
  • igottalose50
    Options
    cockneylady2014......yes those are my plans im working hard to accomplish my
    goal,,,,but what ever i lose by october will be lbs less that no matter what i will be happy n continue.....
  • Marius73737
    Marius73737 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me guys
  • hutchin88
    hutchin88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi gottalose You've made a very good start, which to me is the hardest part. You'll find your equilibrium. You will figure out what works long term.

And you are smart to do this now while you are in your 20's. It's much easier than when you are over 30 or 35.

Good luck!
  • igottalose50
    Options
    hi,hutchin88,thank u very much for your positive comment!!yes im tired of being over weight..