Sports bras anyone??

Options
Ok so I feel like every sports bra I come across leaves me disappointed!! I'm not large chested but I am working with some 36 B's. I find that either their not supportive enough, not enough lift or coverage, or then it's the opposite to much padding and wires that I mid as well wear a regular bra and there uncomfortable. I like to wear my sports bras under my scrubs to clinicals (ocat student) I like the more comfortable feel then a normal bra since I'm always out and on the go but I want some shape and support. Help!? What sports bra do you love??

Replies

• PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    None. I have so many problems. They will be nice, shapely, give some support... But to use them for actual sports and exercise? Wobbling everywhere. I'm still trying to find a good bra that holds down these suckers. Bright side, they got smaller from this weight loss... I'm now a C for the first time since Middle School [jsdfjsdf I was a D when I weighed less than this, damn you weightloss]
  • allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Panache is what I wear. Though I am larger chested...it is amazing and has a j hook for added support during high impact workouts :)
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm a 32c and I like the Moving Comfort brand. They have s lot of styles and I think they'd be good for most medium-sized women.
    ETA: I laughed when I saw this topic in the "Support" forum.
  • sealensfit
    sealensfit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've heard Under Armour has some good ones, but I usually use any Nike one with super thick straps and a racer back.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I have a shock absorber that's pretty good. I do a lot of circuits style classes doing things like burpees, squat jumps, mountain climbers etc, and I have 36D boobs, so I need good support.
  • MissAmyx
    MissAmyx Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I usually just double bra the ladies and that keeps them from roaming free. I did the 30 day shred with all its star jumping fun and I didn't knock myself out so yeah that worked wonders for me :)
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I love enell but they are made for high impact sports. I'm not sure I would wear them during the day, but they are great bras.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    If you're wanting a bra that can work throughout the day and also be effective for exercise, that could be a problem right there. A bra that works for exercise wouldn't necessarily focus on any kind of cuteness or shapeliness, and may actually also be a bit uncomfortable to wear all day, whereas you'd barely notice while you're working out

I use the Fiona by Moving Comfort
  • cuppykat
    cuppykat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've heard Under Armour has some good ones, but I usually use any Nike one with super thick straps and a racer back.

I just got an Under Armour bra on sale at Dick's and I like it so far. I've had major issues with bras for a long time now so I feel confident in saying it's a good brand. Mine usually don't have enough support OR coverage for a 34/36 C and it makes working out so uncomfortable, especially when you have to constantly readjust yourself during a martial arts class. =/
  • DawnBe1
    DawnBe1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I think this is one thing that you'll have to find out by trial and error as everyone's body is different. I've tried several brands but finally have settled on Victoria's Secret Incredible Sports Bra. Good support and coverage but doesn't totally squish the girls into a uni-boob and has NEVER caused chafing.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    For scrubs, I'd just do a soft bra, not a sports bra. When I want a sports bra, I want serious LOCKDOWN.

I just got an Incredible Bra from VS, too, and am very happy with it.
  • summer21forever
    summer21forever Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I usually do a size smaller. With the wireless bra underneath. I like to feel like the girls aren't going anywhere.
  • blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I use vs sports bras...also a 36 b i find the medium size with lots of support the best.
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I just got a Victoria's Secret bra and I'm totally hooked! Its like wearing a hug. A boob hug. Seriously, it looks great and they DO NOT move no matter what.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like the Old Navy "Go-Dry" sports bra, the one with racer back and adjustable straps. Try the size that corresponds to your shirt size. I wear the XS and it is pretty snug.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    DawnBe1 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I think this is one thing that you'll have to find out by trial and error as everyone's body is different. I've tried several brands but finally have settled on Victoria's Secret Incredible Sports Bra. Good support and coverage but doesn't totally squish the girls into a uni-boob and has NEVER caused chafing.

Seconded. I've heard good things about Under Armour, but I haven't been able to find them in my size. (38DDD) I've had a couple of Incredible by Victoria's Secret (front and back close) and I like them both. However, the girls are definitely more out of control in the front close and my workouts have started to become more demanding. I find them super comfortable though.

Next time around, I think I am going to try on some active wear and Addition-Elle. I should have more choice when it comes to bras there.

• AnthonyThrashD_
    AnthonyThrashD_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Try before you buy. Sports bra shopping may require some trial and error. In particular, check potential bras for tightness -- they should be snug but not uncomfortable. Also check for irritating straps, seams or closures. Finally, make sure there's enough bounce control -- don't be afraid to jump around in the dressing room to check support.

source: consumersearch.com/sports-bras/how-to-buy-a-sports-bra
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I like the Champion sports bras.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I love my Victoria's Secret sports bra (I bought a second one a few months after the first because I really love it). They're supportive with an underwire, but the underwire is so well padded that it doesn't cut into you or chafe. They hold the girls in place, are comfortable, and pretty cute too.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret VSX are definitely the way to go.