Plank - 1 min, Side plank x 2 - 1 min

Quads Routine - 3x20 (Weighted)
Lunges
Squats

Butt & Hamstrings Routine (Weighted)
Barbell Hip Thrusts - 3x10
Step ups - 3x20

Day 2, 4, 6

HIIT - Abs, Lower body. Optional Explosion or 101 routine if low on cardio. If plenty cardio, option to skip HIIT.

Not the finished artical as not sure what weights I'm using yet but any input would be helpful. Thankyou :)

Replies

• VickiLogan11
    VickiLogan11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Also need to add in something else for core.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    What are your goals OP? Lose weight, gain muscle?
  • VickiLogan11
    Options
    Thankyou for your reply. I'm looking to gain muscle. Meant to say the HIIT are 10 min intervals and there is a choice of 4 as listed.
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Are you limited by dumbbells? Because it lacks the most important lifts:

Squat
    Deadlift
    Overhead Press
    Bench Press

^ Way better training economy than a bunch of isolation exercises.
  • VickiLogan11
    Options
    Sorry not 10 minute intervals. It's a DVD with 4 routines lasting 10 mins each.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

Squat
    Deadlift
    Overhead Press
    Bench Press

I agree with this.

Focus on learning the proper form for the above exercises and you will do well
  • VickiLogan11
    Options
    Thankyou.
    I'm struggling to master the squat technique. I drop my chest :( So I guess I'm looking for an easy way by omitting it. I will reconsider the programme and have a look at doing those 4 excersizes mentioned. Thanks again.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    Thankyou.
    I'm struggling to master the squat technique. I drop my chest :( So I guess I'm looking for an easy way by omitting it. I will reconsider the programme and have a look at doing those 4 excersizes mentioned. Thanks again.

Best way to improve is to post a form video, watch guides and have someone spectate you whilst doing the exercise.

Squat
    Deadlift
    Overhead Press
    Bench Press

This ^, follow a program such as;
    • Stronglifts 5x5
    • ICF 5x5
    • New Rules of Lifting For Women
    • Strong Curves
  • VickiLogan11
    Options
    Can I please ask where you would add in the 4 mentioned excersizes and what if anything you would leave out. Thankyou
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thankyou.

I thought squats were a common known thing until I started putting a basic routine together for my hubby. Even with a mirror he was struggling a bit at first. As a female I told him to imagine squatting over a port-o-potty while keeping an eye on the door. Real life struggles people!! Lol.

Anyways, I like your routine and the suggestions of others. Good luck!
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    Can I please ask where you would add in the 4 mentioned excersizes and what if anything you would leave out. Thankyou

The list I provided has programs which are based on barbell exercises, specifically the ones that were mentioned by @TheReloader. They are popular programs, and they work pretty damn well (I follow Stronglifts 5x5).

Disregard your program and check out the list ;)
  • VickiLogan11
    Options
    Thanks bmchenry
    Lol I may try that to see if it helps me squat better. I can see it working tbh :)
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    OP, split routines are necessary when you're training individual body part so hard that it needs time to recover - hence the split routines that allow that. Beginner to intermediate gym goers are better off with full body routine - it's easier and more effective. Look into compound exercises, the ones recommended by @TheReloader - as they work your entire body.

http://stronglifts.com/exercises/
  • VickiLogan11
    Options

[/quote]

This ^, follow a program such as;
    • Stronglifts 5x5
    • ICF 5x5
    • New Rules of Lifting For Women
    • Strong Curves
    [/quote]

Thankyou. I've just done strong curves for beginners but didn't enjoy it that much. I would like less upper body work as I'm happy with how that is just by doing my own arms routine. I wanted to concentrate more on lower body and make it more enjoyable.
  • VickiLogan11
    Options

The list I provided has programs which are based on barbell exercises, specifically the ones that were mentioned by @TheReloader. They are popular programs, and they work pretty damn well (I follow Stronglifts 5x5).

Disregard your program and check out the list ;)

Thankyou, I did look at stronglifts and was gona go with it but when I watched his videos I thought it would be nearly impossible without a rack as he kept adding weights which was easy enough on the rack. I would be putting mine down on the floor all the time as I've no rack iykwim lol.