Any fellow cross fitters

Options
been doing c/f for 1.5 years absolutely love it. Just seeing if there is any others on here

Replies

• marysamezz
    marysamezz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I switched from training mostly powerlifting and switched to crossfit in the beginning of this year. I'm crazy obsessed, I used to be so skeptical about it but here I am going five days a week now :) . Feel free to add me and there's also a group on here just for crossfit.
  • TuffDadSF
    TuffDadSF Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started CrossFit last week. So far I think I like it though I am as sore as a mother.... from getting this formerly athletic body back into gear.
  • niklong
    niklong Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just started. Yesterday was only my second class. Is there a group here for CF supporters?
  • grabowskic
    grabowskic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Crossfit for over two years now.... When I started with crossfit I could barely do anything. I love crossfit and I have seen major improvement in my abilities.
  • grabowskic
    Options
    niklong wrote: »
    I just started. Yesterday was only my second class. Is there a group here for CF supporters?

Niklong, I believe the hardest part of CF is going back the second day. My first workout was Run Fran Run.... This was running 400 meters between the 21-15-9 sets.... I thought I was going to die. I remember thinking during one of the runs I am going to get my keys and never come back. However when I got back into the box from the run people were cheering me on and supporting me. When I finished the WOD, I looked back and thought " I just did that". I have never looked back since.....
  • grabowskic
    Options
    TuffDadSF wrote: »
    I just started CrossFit last week. So far I think I like it though I am as sore as a mother.... from getting this formerly athletic body back into gear.

Tuffdad, it does get better. Yes soreness is going to happen. It sounds like you were athletic before, you may be surprised to see how fast you will get back into shape while doing CF. Keep up the good work.
  • grabowskic
    Options
    marysamezz wrote: »
    Hey there! I switched from training mostly powerlifting and switched to crossfit in the beginning of this year. I'm crazy obsessed, I used to be so skeptical about it but here I am going five days a week now :) . Feel free to add me and there's also a group on here just for crossfit.

Marysamezz, I am with you. I ended up drinking the cool aid. I love crossfit. I found a new love in crossfit and that was powerlifting. I am in between jobs and I turned down a job because it didn't work with my CF schedule. Yes, there is a little addiction here.
  • lauraescobar657
    lauraescobar657 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Another crossfit addict here! I've been doing CF for 7 mos now and it's simply the best.... I was at the gym prior to but was getting bored with not much results. crossfit is a fantastic work out that will get the results you want
  • CutHereOrThere
    CutHereOrThere Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    6 months into crossfit. 4x a week, constantly sore but who cares :smile:
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    I do crossfit 2-3x a week and then do heavy lifting 3-4x a week as well.
  • coachaaronbpm
    coachaaronbpm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    I have been cross fitting for 4 years. I find sometimes using MyFitnessPal helps moderate the food so i can achieve aesthetic results. However, its nice to make gains in strength as well.
    Aaron
  • Jen2133
    Jen2133 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just finished my second month of Crossfit. Love it! I have lost 7 pounds since starting and I believe it has helped me turn the corner in my weight loss. I am a former Ironman athlete, so I have lots of endurance, but I think my body was just too used to the same workouts.

I go 3x a week, plus running 3x (30 to 90 min.) and some hiking.

Has anyone found a good way to estimate the calorie burn other than entering each exercise separately?
  • caitsaunt
    caitsaunt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I joined CF last week and will go to my third class on Tuesday. I love, love it. I resisted the koolaid for a long time (my 68 year old father goes and drives me nuts "suggesting" that I go too) but finally tried and got hooked immediately I was so sore after the first day since I'm pretty out of shape, I could barely move, but the community is amazing and I think that's what will keep me going.
  • CarrieElizabethA
    CarrieElizabethA Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day! I can't believe I didn't do this sooner.