I'm new but I come bearing pictures.

Options
I never ever use the forum function on this thing. I just realized it existed whilst looking for a new outlet to show off, having exhausted my facebook. Two of the photos have no face because in the fat one I was wearing a mask and in the skinny one I was making a face so ridiculous I can't even replicate it. And I tried.

bod1.jpg

Jan 21, 2011. 225 lbs. Who knows how much I actually weighed... After I saw this horrendous picture I half-heartedly started to eat healthier.

200296_1924003540943_1267740056_32404533_4521436_n.jpg

March 16. 221 lbs. The day my friend told me (in an ice cream shop of all places) to download MFP.

pfbmarch.jpg

May 14th. 169 lbs. Getting ready to march in a parade with a community band. (Which is why I was vain enough to flip the photo and make the logo legible, haha)

bod2.jpg

May 24th. 167 lbs. Wearing my friend's size-M dress after she made me take off my saggy size XXL dress from last summer.

I don't do anything really extreme. I hate working out. I refuse to pay to join a gym. My diet is reasonable (1500 calories/day approximately and some days where I cheat like a champion and eat a whole Chipotle burrito by myself). I always cycled or walked to work and school, so I can't even blame it on that. The only exercise I added was hula hooping which can't possibly be too strenuous since all I do is rock back and forth in front of the TV and drive the dog crazy. I think my body was just really uncomfortable being 220 lbs and by putting portion into perspective I just am letting it do its own thing, if that makes any sense at all. I'm hoping to polish off the last 20-odd lbs I want to lose over the summer by swimming and leisure cycling.

Replies

• gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    congrats!
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • createdbyGod
    Options
    wau you look amazing, your highest weight was my starting weight it[s nice to see where i can end up. Did you actually loose all those pound since march? if yes, that;s sounds increadible fast.
  • ladenning
    ladenning Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow, congratulations! You look GREAT! You have been a great motivational speaker / picture shower. :)
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    Oh my goodness SO inspiring and motivating! Way to go!! You'll lose those last 20 lbs for sure! :)

God bless
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Great pics!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    the hula hooping makes a really big difference. i started doing it about an hour a day (not every day, but every day i can) and i've already lost about 3" from my waist (less than a month of using it).

i also do it to music, though, and dance with it, and try to do tricks. i build up a pretty serious sweat, and for my weight i calculated about 11c /minute burn.

k
  • ilovethelaw07
    Options
    Great job! Love the picture from the American History museum, it's my fav! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    To use my husband's favorite way to complement a woman's appearance: You look bangin'! Seriously, steal that dress from your friend and wear it all the time lol. I'm now about where you were when you started. Sometimes it feels so daunting to get down to my wedding-day weight of 163...like it's going to take forever. But seeing that you accomplished that amount of weight loss in about 5 months without doing anything crazy is really encouraging.

Thanks for sharing and best wishes on your journey!
  • csexton76
    csexton76 Posts: 10
    Options
    Congrats! You will have that last 20lbs off in no time!
    Hula Hooping huh? I might have to try that! Did you just get one from Wal-Mart?

Keep it up and you be at your goal in no time!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    wow!!! 52 pounds in 58 days has GOT to be veeeeeeeery close (if not THE) to a world's record!!!!
    congrats :drinker:
  • SecretlyBatwoman
    SecretlyBatwoman Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The hula hoop I use is made for adults. A friend of mine gave it to me. She does all sorts of tricks with it and performs in parks and whatnot. I try (and fail, and give the dog a concussion) but mostly I just try to keep it at my waist at a certain speed, then my hips, then switch directions, then try to go faster, or walk while I do it and break everything in my house.

Yes, I lost all the weight since about march. When the president picture was taken I had lost a little bit and noticed because I kept having to hike my jeans up while we walked, but the rest was in the last two months. Scary, huh? I'm sure the first 10/15 lbs had to be water weight or something because it was gone in a week.

ETA: And yeah, my friend has been made well aware she's not getting her dress back. Ever.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    The hula hoop I use is made for adults. A friend of mine gave it to me. She does all sorts of tricks with it and performs in parks and whatnot. I try (and fail, and give the dog a concussion) but mostly I just try to keep it at my waist at a certain speed, then my hips, then switch directions, then try to go faster, or walk while I do it and break everything in my house.

the hoop i use is for adults and is weighted. i can't do many tricks yet, but i can do some. i would like to do more performance with it, though, for sure.

congrats on your success!
  • SecretlyBatwoman
    SecretlyBatwoman Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mine is too big to really do too much. When I use her smaller performance hoops I can barely keep it on my waist but I can do somewhat more impressive tricks. She's teaching me a kick start now and all I've done is bruised my ankles and shins :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!