Late night binges

Options
My worst eating happens either when I'm out with friends or when I get home early in the morning, usually on weekends. I lose all accountability and binge on chocolate, candy, and buttered bread. I usually have about 1,000 calories left for dinner, but I always overshoot it and end up consuming more calories, sugar, and fat than suggested. Any tips or advice as to how to solve this problem?

Replies

• umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Go to bed! If you are anything like I am, all judgement and willpower evaporate when tired.
  • runner1234b
    runner1234b Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My ideas:
    1. Have two Greek yogurts and go to bed (protein and dairy)
    2. No carb like bread or cereal.. It's like dominos at that hour.. The salt will get you.
    3. Never go for something that's not individually portioned at that hour you're so tired you'll end up with the all or nothing mentality.
    4. If you have 1,000 left.. Who cares.. You crave breakfast more if you wake up a bit hungry. You want chocolate at 2am you can wait to have a chocolate chip pancake for breakfast.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Prelog to include those times.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    My worst eating happens either when I'm out with friends or when I get home early in the morning, usually on weekends. I lose all accountability and binge on chocolate, candy, and buttered bread. I usually have about 1,000 calories left for dinner, but I always overshoot it and end up consuming more calories, sugar, and fat than suggested. Any tips or advice as to how to solve this problem?

Don't do it.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Drink a huge glass of water, brush your teeth and get into bed.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    Drink a huge glass of water, brush your teeth and get into bed.

Booze could be playing a factor and booze answers to no one.
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    chew gum and drink water!
  • Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Mint tea helps me with cravings. Also I stay away from carbs in the evening as they induce more cravings in me.
    I like to employ intermittent fasting at night . this helps psychologically for me as I feel I am helping my body by fasting until the morning
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    A giant salad with light dressing (which u measure, 2 Tbsp.) Before you consider any other foods, get yr lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, whatever else u put in there, a boiled egg for protein, make a giant salad, eat it all, drink a glass of water and wait 20 minutes before eating anything else. This has saved my @$$ many, many times.
  • Dawn410
    Dawn410 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Drinking a small glass of milk late at night helps me feel full and I sleep better, and doesn't cost me a lot of calories.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Decide which is more important, meeting your calorie goals or chowing on chocolate, candy, and buttered bread in excess of your goal. If it's important enough, you'll stop. If it's not, you'll keep doing it and pretending that it's something that just happens to you, rather than being a choice you make.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Willpower and control. Just go to bed.