Start Walking Leslie Sansone

Options
I can't seem to find anywhere the average calories burned doing the Leslie Sansone Start Walking videos. When I add it here I do 15 or 30 min walking at 3.5mph. I know everyone is different but am I counting the calories burned correctly?

Replies

• waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I use it as Aerobics.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I use Aerobics - low impact
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I've been using Leslie since I've started, & I also record it as brisk walking.
    But it also depends on which program by her I'm using.
    For example, if I'm just using the 15-minute walk; I record it as a brisk walk because it's not as intense as...
    say, her Cardio Slimdown...which I record as low-impact aerobics because you do so much. :)
  • lifeinpink09
    lifeinpink09 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Oh I just wear my pedometer on my iTouch and it counts my calories for me! I have the 3 mile dvd and it generally gives me between 247 and 267 depending on how hard I'm actually working lol
  • a_dawn
    a_dawn Posts: 47
    Options
    I use her 3 mile walk and log it as 45 min. of walking 4 mph. I read that walking at a brisk pace burns about 100 cal. per mile.
  • Sirenism
    Sirenism Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Depending on the video I tend to log it as walking and gauge it by the movements I'm doing. Most of the time 3.0-4mph.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    you can use the 3.0 or 3.5 mph, walking....or low impact aerobics....I did 3 miles with Leslie today, and I burned 400+..
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of videos also,I just calculate it with my pedometer,it tells me calories burned.
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I just read a blog written by Leslie about calories burned doing her workouts. The ballpark figure that she threw out (at least for the 4 Fast Miles DVD) was:

At least 100 calories for every mile for the non-boosted version (low impact)

At least 125-150 calories per mile for the boosted version (high impact)

I've been looking for something to definitively tell me that info for a couple of weeks! Yea!

I added it as my own exercise for my diary so, when I do that, I can just access that particular entry.
    Hope this helps!!
  • karenpsal
    karenpsal Posts: 30
    Options
    I have the 1, 2 and 3 mile walk DVD's at home. The 2 mile walk is about 30 min, averaging 4 mi/hr. I would log 30 min @ 4 mph. If there is another video that is faster paced, I don't know what the mileage and timeframe is.
  • karenpsal
    karenpsal Posts: 30
    Options
    Walked 3 miles today, .5 mile yesterday.

Total miles walked: 7.5 miles
  • losingit4infinity
    losingit4infinity Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    For the 3 Mile DVD I use aerobics- low impact and for the 4 Fast Miles DVD I record it as high impact aerobics. I think the best results would be if you use a HR monitor like Polar (They are pretty pricey I don't have one myself and often wish I did for times when calorie burn isn't easily determined).