Anyone following the Atkins diet

Options
can I use this app and follow the Akins Diet. Thoughts or suggestions welcome

Replies

• pbmsmile
    pbmsmile Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am using mfp to track my food on Atkins. I changed the setting to reflect the 70/20/5 of Atkins. I lost 18 lbs in my first month!
  • NebraskaGirl59
    NebraskaGirl59 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Where did you set the 70/20/5 at? I've been using the Atkins site to track my food but I don't like it as well as MFP. Do you have to do something special to track the net carbs?
  • trvlpk
    trvlpk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would like to know this as well please! I too am trying to follow Atkins.
  • Parkercomom
    Parkercomom Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have been on every diet known to man. I lose a lot of weight, then go back to eating "normally" and gain it all back. I started MFP on March 18th of this year. I love it!! I think my problem is just eating mindlessly and not paying any attention to calories. Tracking my food here allows me to make better choices, eat what I enjoy and lose weight. I feel like I can eat this way for the rest of my life. Just my 2 cents on specific diets. Everyone is different, so I wish you all the best! We are all in this together. We CAN do it!! : )
  • laurajinn
    laurajinn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Atkins too because I have a LOT to lose and I am diabetic. I lost a lot to start with, 45lbs, but I've been at the same place on the scale for about 3 months now! I got MFP in hopes of finding some people to help keep me motivated and accountable. I'm glad to see some people doing Atkins too! I don't know how to change anything in the app to do that either though. I'm really not so worried about finding an accountabilibuddy for food as I am for exercise. I never exercise. I need to start really small because I have a lot of physical pain in my body. Right now even tiny baby steps are a step in the right direction! Five minutes three times a week for two weeks is my current tiny goal. I weigh 355lbs so one little step at a time...
  • laurajinn
    laurajinn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Where did you set the 70/20/5 at? I've been using the Atkins site to track my food but I don't like it as well as MFP. Do you have to do something special to track the net carbs?
    trvlpk wrote: »
    I would like to know this as well please! I too am trying to follow Atkins.

I found it!
    On the opening page tap on More in the bottom right corner. Then tap on Nutrition. Then there is a slider at the top that says Calories Nutrients Macros.
    Tap on Nutrients, then tap on Carbohydrates. Then tap on Goals and then on Carbohydrates again. Then you can set the percentages - 5/25/70 I think?
  • trvlpk
    trvlpk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :)