I ate over ate this weekend

Options
Feel like a loser ate like 4,000 cals.

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I ate 4000 cals yesterday. I did an extra run yesterday (phew did I have energy!), and decided to do another workout today (even though I already did my 5 days this week). And I'm totally ok with it. And yesterday was yummy.
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Did the scale go way up???
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Oh well, you'll do better tomorrow and lose that water weight soon! You aren't a loser. Eating a lot occasionally is fun!
  • msfoxy_25
    msfoxy_25 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I had over 3,000 today. It sucks but all we can do it get back on track tomorrow and try to avoid it in the future.
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Options
    It was so fun. Even tho I feel bloated. I had just reached goal weight on Friday.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Did the scale go way up???

I was up 0.6 of a pound this morning.
  • chism21
    chism21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about, most often weight loss is not a one way path. What do I? take it in. Ahh and don't weigh yourself if you are feeling fat. just work hard on the gym and when you feel like there's been a positive change then you can weigh in.
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    it's totally okay to do it every now and then. when im with my family, i usually only log food or what i can and drink a heck of a lot of sweet tea (from the south, loveee sweet tea) and dont log it. it's never permanently damaged me. plus it's yummy & fun and usually i get more bursts of energy after consuming an excess amount of cals. and like i always tell myself, it's soo not permanent. weight always fluctuates up & down, and at least i never get bored with mini goals set all the time when it comes to fitness or food. it only matters if you make a habit of over eating and it detracts from your goals. but you don't have a time limit (i hope) for your goals and a few bumps in the road are bound to happen

• sarahdayski
    sarahdayski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I had a 'sod it' day yesterday, but back on track today and off for a swim later. Its not the end of the world think it does you good every now and again
  • mrsvmb74
    mrsvmb74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You have to accept that there will be days when it is not possible to stay on track - birthdays, holiday or other celebrations as long as the monitored days out way those which aren't (purposely avoided words such as good, bad or diet as it is my opinion that these words are not productive for a healthy mental approach to weight loss)
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Feel like a loser ate like 4,000 cals.

I'm jealous! Lol
    But hopefully, i'll be going to my favourite Turkish restaurant this Saturday, so i'll probably be doing the same.
    Don't feel like a loser over it.
  • cv2k
    cv2k Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    4000 calories, I feel better now that I know I am not the only one, but a new day means a new goal (as long as it's not overdone).
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    What is your daily target?
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Options
    The scale is up 2.8 pounds ahhhhh. Lol
    I'm hoping it goes back to normal by tomorrow.

I'm in maintenance bit want to lose the last 3 Pound's.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options

4k calories even if you turned every single one into fat (which is very unlikely) would only be a little over 1lb (3500 cal =1lb) so you can be absolutely sure that most of that is water weight from sodium consumption.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Oh well. Just pick it back up today. Don't worry about what happened yesterday.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Well let me tell you a story of another loser...
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I did too, went to a taco fest but maybe only ate like 2000 calories at the most. I was up .6 but back on track today and it will come back off dont worry.
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »

4k calories even if you turned every single one into fat (which is very unlikely) would only be a little over 1lb (3500 cal =1lb) so you can be absolutely sure that most of that is water weight from sodium consumption.

I'll be checking in tomorrow and will let u guys know. I hoping 167.0 today was 169.8
    Goal weight range would be 162-165. I'm trying to maintain right now .