Life vs. Diet

Options
We all love the idea of all of us getting healthy, or being healthy period. When we know we are healthy our self-image raises from a 5 to a 10 or our self confidence rises out of the roof. Although, everyone may have a difference opinion. Which I completely support. The main reason I chose to do this program is because it's by far the easiest one I have done in years! And that's saying something due to the fact that I love to think of myself as a healthy person. If we all could choose to do one thing different when it came to our basis nutrition and diet what would it be? What would you do to change it?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    at this very moment...nadda...

I log accurately and consistently, I hit my macros, I exercise frequently cardio and strength training.

I have a life and enjoy it...what more could I want.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

I log accurately and consistently, I hit my macros, I exercise frequently cardio and strength training.

Sits over in the smug corner with Stef

I've so got this :smiley:
  • Krystle1984
    Krystle1984 Posts: 146 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I would change the fact I have Coeliac disease because I miss bread... ;) But otherwise I'm good. I'm not deprived of anything, I eat plenty of food (varied food too) and am losing weight consistently. I'm more active and getting fitter and stronger every week. Getting back to tracking my food/activity habits was the change I needed to make and I've been successfully doing that for 2 months now so I'm all good! :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »

Sits over in the smug corner with Stef

I've so got this :smiley:

Before I got this smug I changed one thing

I threw away every single thing I thought I knew, had heard, read or absorbed about losing weight from friends, books, diet clubs and I focused on Calories in < Calories out

It only worked when I got rid of all the noise and built up my own rules / habits again from scratch

I'm talking 30 years of yo-yo dieting to 13 months of ongoing weight loss and easy maintenance

(being human there were a couple of challenging times .. but they fade in the light of 'I've got this')

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't change anything at all right now. I eat a deficit, I meet my macros (most of the time), I enjoy all my foods, exercise when I can (new baby) and lose weight. It's all win for me. 62ish lbs agrees with me.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I changed the one thing I had to years ago and I'm happier, healthier and slimmer because of it.
    I stopped "dieting".
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I would clean out my mental slate regarding what is "good" and "bad" food. I still find myself feeling guilty about eating certain kind of food, even though I eat at a deficit. When I am feeling low, I want to eat "bad" food because I am feeling rebellious. Stupid mind games. I feel like I am reprogramming myself - but it takes time.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    If I could be one of those people who only sees food as fuel, aka doesn't put emotional attachment to eating, I'd be much fitter, slimmer, and stronger. Alas, I enjoy eating.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the title of the post... Why is it life vs diet, as if those things are in opposition? My "diet" (as in the sum of all the foods I eat, not a named diet like paleo, low carb, etc) is part of my life. It doesn't consume my life, it doesn't define me, it's just a part of it.