Off the wagon! :(

Options
I have definitely not stuck to my healthy eating over the weekend. Due to social events, birthdays etc, I have very much over indulged. Feeing guilty and demotivated this morning. I'm planning on being strict all of this week and getting my butt back in the gym this evening. I've been off the gym for a week too, gulp, due to knees. I usually do a 2 hour session of cardio and weights on a Monday. However, after having a week off I'm not sure whether to throw myself back into my usual routine, or rebuild it back up slowly. Had a great weekend with friends and family, but need a kick to hit restart and get back into gear.....sigh

Replies

• puja25
    puja25 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    you will do it. I ate thrice the amount I am allowed to eat . I am feeling so guilty today. I did not exercise as well last week. But its time to recommit to myself. I will do it .
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I had a week's holiday and got back on it but it is harder relearning the rhythm of exercising and eating with limits! And the logging habit. I'm getting there.
    Just think that in a year a week is a mere blip. Hope you enjoyed it, don't beat yourself up about it and hop back on this wagon. X
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Meh. Mistakes are part of the process. Just get right back to it like nothing ever happened.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Sometimes taking a day or two, or even a week off does the mind and body good. It helps us to heal both mentally and physically from the impact we put on our bodies on a daily basis and from the obsession about nutrition/calories, etc. Two days is nothing. It happened, it's gone, you enjoyed yourself, now get over it and move forward as if it never even happened.
  • Dawn410
    Dawn410 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Don't skip a beat, just pick right up where you left off. Your first week will be harder, but then you should be right back at normal.

A weekend of over eating and a week of inactivity aren't enough to completely ruin your journey. Just get back to it and stay focused on the long term goal!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Welcome to life as a human being on planet earth. The trick is to just carry on and be glad you enjoyed yourself. I had a festival a couple of weeks ago. Did I over eat? Yes. Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? No. Life happens. Don't get hung up, just get back to it.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i didn't even log this weekend, thats how "bad" i ate.

and it's okay. you can allow yourself to do that once in a while.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Welcome to life as a human being on planet earth. The trick is to just carry on and be glad you enjoyed yourself. I had a festival a couple of weeks ago. Did I over eat? Yes. Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? No. Life happens. Don't get hung up, just get back to it.

^^^ This. We all lose it occasionally, winners just get it back and continue :-)
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite sayings..."Don't let a lapse become a collapse". We ALL have times when we eat more than we should or fall off the wagon. Whether it be a day, a week, a month or longer...it happens to the best of us. The key is recognizing this, getting rid of guilt/negative feelings, and refocusing on making healthy choices. Don't waste your energy feeling badly about yourself - take that negativity and turn it into action. You'll be feeling great about yourself before you know it :)
  • alyssajade13
    alyssajade13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did the same this weekend! Had a huge meal on Friday night and then Saturday afternoon out to lunch with a friend. I worked out really hard Sunday and planning to get back to clean eating all week with at least an hour workouts everyday! Don't give up or feel unmotivated! Weightloss is a long and hard, but worth it process. You're gonna have off days like anyone else. But you have to just work hard and get back in the groove. Keep going! :)
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Must be something in the air. I didn't exercise at all last week due to an injured foot. I had went on a 3.5 mi jog last Saturday and my running shoes were too tight, then worked a 10 hour wedding and I could barely walk the rest of the week. Then I had family staying in my workout room, finally got back into things today with a slightly sore foot still...
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Due to social events, birthdays etc, I have very much over indulged.
    No, it was due to your choices.

• clafairy1984
    clafairy1984 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    yeah true, it's my own fault. Was my first alcoholic drink and 'cheat' food in about 2 months, so I don't want to feel guilty, just kick myself and get motivated again. Back in the gym this evening.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    yeah true, it's my own fault. Was my first alcoholic drink and 'cheat' food in about 2 months, so I don't want to feel guilty, just kick myself and get motivated again. Back in the gym this evening.

Sounds like a too aggressive diet that got to the point you couldn't do it anymore. Now alcohol is something I would not necessarily try to fit into a daily routine but some "cheat" foods (whatever that means) you can make them work for everyday use.

• Nursie863
    Nursie863 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Please don't waste time feeling guilty!! That gets you nowhere. Don't be too strict, that is absolutely the worst thing you can do, and you will be setting yourself up for failure. If you eat very little you will just be starving and there is a much greater chance that you will overindulge again. Just focus on eating whole, healthful foods, at your normal calorie limit. And go easy on yourself with the exercise, if you are already having problems with your knees you don't want to create permanent damage by overdoing it as you get back into your routine. I speak from experience here. Just take it easy, walk daily, or swim, avoid high impact exercises. Your body and your weight will thank you. Good luck!!
  • shaunjadon
    shaunjadon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I dropped off the wagon a few weeks back. It was due to a hectic work schedule to get extra money for vacation then the actual vacation. I'm starting back this week and it was a great learning experience. I overate and felt HORRIBLE. I hadn't been able to exercise and I found I missed it. I think that's the joy of making a "lifestyle" change, it's for life so when you mess up, there's not that feeling of "giving up." If I had simply been on a "diet" for 3-6 months then I would've said "screw it!" and stopped after this fall off the wagon. Now I realize that I LOVE the healthier lifestyle and its something I am going to continue for a lifetime.
  • Bella77007
    Bella77007 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    So much great advice already but please don't be too hard on yourself,it happens,sometimes we choose to indulge and then we know it was a bad move but you can't undo it,you can only say 'okay I made bad choices now I have to move on,get back on track and plan how to deal with social events in the future'.

I agree that you learn a lot from it,in my earlier days I had a weekend where I allowed myself to go crazy, I was feeling down and went for a burger king,the next day I ate chocolate for lunch and my husband went to a sports game and brought back chinese take out which I ate, I could have said no but I ate it.

I had been losing weight before that and have lost plenty since,those two days I would not repeat but long term it did no damage to my plan,if I feel down now I go swimming instead.

Since then we have had birthdays,a wedding and a few other social events and I have allowed myself treats, I factor them into my allowance and I have finally given up my sedentary lifestyle, I do have a disability that means some things are off limits but I managed to work out what I can do and without boring you with my life story I will just increase on that if I know there is an occassion coming up.

So yes put it behind you,yes go back to the gym,you will feel better for it as long as you are taking it easy and not going to injure yourself again and get back to the plan.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    it will be fine and you will be fine. just get back in the wagon.
  • gemdiver
    gemdiver Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just your making this post was the first step to already getting back on the wagon!