Diet

Options
This question is for people who do calisthenics/bodyweight training.
What`s your diet?
How do you eat to maximize muscle gain and lose fat as fuel?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My diet is the one that suits my goals using foods I enjoy, when I need them.

At the moment I'm prepping for a comp, so losing fat. Not trying to build muscle. I'm eating in a deficit. When I'm not prepping I'm trying to grow so eating in a surplus. I set my protein and fat macros, and alter carbs to suit my goals. I generally time most of my carbs around training. I eat 2-4 times a day by choice. Sometimes more if I have to, or less at some points,again it depends on my goals.

I currently have a coach who uses very specific methods, so I do what I'm told when I'm told.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    What`s your diet?

You can only do one at a time, generally speaking. To lose weight you need a caloric deficit. To gain weight you need a caloric surplus.

• BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    What`s your diet?

You can only do one at a time, generally speaking. To lose weight you need a caloric deficit. To gain weight you need a caloric surplus.

While it is possible to achieve at the same time, it's stupid over complicated to get it right and not worth the effort. I'd say just go with the 99% of the rest of the world and split it into two phases, bulking and cutting.