What does your 2000-2500 calorie day look like?

Options
For my birthday my husband bought me some personal training sessions (yes, I asked for them, no, he was not hinting I needed to lose weight lol). My trainer says I need to up my calories. I've generally been trying to stay between 1200-1500. I was wondering/hoping you might share what you eat? Also, if you eat around that range every day and are willing to share your diary I would love it if you added me as a friend!

Thank you and hope you have a great weekend!

Replies

• sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It's going to be different for everyone but here are some ideas...

Some high protein foods (0.60 to 0.80 grams per 1 lb. bodyweight):
    • Poultry
    • Pork
    • Beef or veal
    • Game meats
    • Cottage cheese
    • Cheese in general
    • Sausages
    • Jerky
    • Sashimi
    • Fresh Fish
    • Caviar
    • Wasabi peas
    • Beans, lentils, legumes
    • Eggs
    • Greek yogurt
    • Milk
    • Nuts and seeds
    • Nut butters
    • Mushrooms
    • Liver and other organ meats
    • Fermented soy
    • Whey powder
    • Canned Fish

Some calorie dense foods high in dietary fat (minimum of 0.40 to 0.45 grams per 1 lb. bodyweight):
    • Avocados
    • Cheeseburgers
    • Olive Oil
    • Coconut Oil
    • Mayo
    • Butter
    • Nuts
    • Seeds
    • Bacon
    • Salmon
    • Duck
    • Pizza
    • Eggs
    • Full Fat Yogurt
    • Cheese
    • Chocolate
    • Ice Cream
    • Baked Goods
    • Anything "Confit"

Fill in the rest of your calories with nutritious and/or high fiber grains, veggies, and fruits that you personally enjoy. Just remember to sick to whole foods and limit processed foods.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've made my diary private now but here are a couple of days from awhile ago as a sample.

y8qiujap4sq2.png

ozdhctjr4d4y.png
    d2.png 45.1K
    d1.png 38.7K
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I don't track on MFP but here is a rough outline of my diet from yesterday. Maybe a little heavy on the beer but I hit 120 g of protein so idgaf:

Breakfast: Chobani passion fruit Greek yogurt

Lunch: Turkey sandwich (sandwich bread, 2 oz turkey, mustard, banana peppers), banana

Dinner: Chicken curry (Trader Joe's sauce, 4 oz chicken breast, broccoli, 1 c rice)

Snacks: 22 ounce American pale ale, omelette (1 egg, 12 T egg white, 2 oz cheese, 2 T bbq sauce), 3/4 c 0% fat Greek Yogurt, 43 g Grape Nuts, 1 c mixed frozen berries, 1.5 c Kemp's caramel delite ice cream

Food total: 2330 kcal
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I watch my macros and try to eat 1583 roughly I think is my number. I weight train 4 times a week with various hiit cardio. I find I can get my macros pretty darn close but still be under calories. I'm working to incorporate new foods/ideas and mix things up. I will add I DO NOT weigh my food. I have seen results that are very pleasing so I'm sticking with it.
    My snacks are the same rotation most weeks:
    -Mini peppers with laughing cow cheese
    -raw almonds
    -cottage cheese
    -plain Greek yogurt with pistachios and a touch of honey
    -trader joes graham crackers with a 1/2 Tb pb
    -Kashi go lean cereal with almond milk
    -small Apple with a thin slice of sargento cheddar
    -roasted veggies and hard boiled egg
    -quest vanilla protein shake

There's more but I forget!!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Here's 2 example for me... (it probably doesn't look like it, but I do weigh all my foods to the gram).

Eating out type of day:
    woeej22ep0f7.png

Spaghetti day:
    crlzdimnefr0.png
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    you're welcome to browse my diary, but my goals are for max muscle retention during fatloss in a large male...
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Ive got an open log that your more than willing to look at. I eat about 2200-2700 a day and lift 4 days a week and do cardio 3 days.
  • jumblejups
    jumblejups Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Each week I have a couple of days of 1800-2100, a couple 2200-2500, and I usually have a day a week where I'm mainly at home so that's a 1500-1600 day.

On my higher days... honestly? Mayo. And fattier cuts of meat. That's pretty much how I get there. I had a small slice of pork belly the other day, that's 650cals right there ;)
  • mkcongrove1
    mkcongrove1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much every one!! I really appreciate all the help and ideas, I'm not a very adventurous food person so I feel like seeing people's diaries helps bring it all together for me
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Easy, 26.3 tablespoons of peanut butter
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Feel free to review my diary. One caveat, on Fridays I drop to 1600.