How much/often do YOU workout?

Options
How many days/week do you work out? How do you break it up (cardio to toning ratio)?

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    cardio to toning ratio? What is that?

• LolaKarwowski
    LolaKarwowski Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    5x a week! I do weight lifting and just a little bit of cardio (HIIT) each day.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Nowadays 3 times a week based on the classes I want to take. Currently that is 2 times cardio and 1 time strength.
    I am however considering adding a bodyweight routine twice a week.
    The schedule I'm considering:

Mon: bodyweight
    Tue: bodycombat
    Wed: pump
    Thu: rest
    Fri: bodyweight/trx
    Sat: bodycombat
    Sun: rest
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I generally ride 4-5 days per week and lift 3. I usually take one rest day.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Even on bad weeks, unless I'm sick, I get in at least 4 workouts. I aim for 5, and right now I'm at 6/7 days a week (though if it's 7 days, one day is just walking a couple of miles).

Typically, I do strength training with my trainer once a week, a light strength type class once a week, and running 3 to 4 days a week. Sometimes I'll casually bike on the day I meet with my trainer too.
  • tedioustrainingap
    tedioustrainingap Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Cardio + resistance (swimming) five times per week, for between five and eight hours in total.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I walk about a mile everyday, and am doing c25k.
    I also do yoga 3x a week for an hour or 2 each day.

I started adding angled push ups and tricep dips at the end of my morning runs
  • Monroe121
    Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    That's pretty awesome!! Do you break it up or go 5 straights days?
    5x a week! I do weight lifting and just a little bit of cardio (HIIT) each day.

• Monroe121
    Options
    Not a bad schedule!!

AsISmile wrote: »
    Nowadays 3 times a week based on the classes I want to take. Currently that is 2 times cardio and 1 time strength.
    I am however considering adding a bodyweight routine twice a week.
    The schedule I'm considering:

Mon: bodyweight
    Tue: bodycombat
    Wed: pump
    Thu: rest
    Fri: bodyweight/trx
    Sat: bodycombat
    Sun: rest

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    6-7 days a week (1 or 2 being walking of I do 7) Currently I have 2 heavy lifting days, 1 just cardio, the other 3-4 are some lifting and HIIT.
  • Monroe121
    Options
    This workout regime is pretty sweet!!
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I generally ride 4-5 days per week and lift 3. I usually take one rest day.

• beansandchips
    beansandchips Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I do 30 mins per day every day as a minimum - alternating swimming and weights - free and on a machine. Plus a slow walk, 'cause my dog is very old!, for a minimum of 20 mins a day! Not always strenuous, but I try to get my breathing to a point that I can just talk!
    I want to start running, but waiting 'til I weigh a bit less for the health of, my already rickety joints! How often do you work out?
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    At the gym training 3-4 days a week. On these days only 15 mins or so of cardio as warm up then it's on to training. IE weights, suspension trainer, lunges squats etc.

On the days not at the gym I am either mountain biking, road biking or walking for an hour or more.

One day of rest from cardio/training

No cheats days or off days from nutrition. There is no plan or diet here either. Just conscious changes and resolve to eating healthy :D
  • Monroe121
    Options
    WOW~~ This is a great workout! I am also interested in beginning yoga!
    moyer566 wrote: »
    I walk about a mile everyday, and am doing c25k.
    I also do yoga 3x a week for an hour or 2 each day.

I started adding angled push ups and tricep dips at the end of my morning runs

• Monroe121
    Options
    Swimming is an awesome workout!!
    Cardio + resistance (swimming) five times per week, for between five and eight hours in total.

• Monroe121
    Options
    Do you normally do machines or do you use free weights?
    omma_to_3 wrote: »
    Even on bad weeks, unless I'm sick, I get in at least 4 workouts. I aim for 5, and right now I'm at 6/7 days a week (though if it's 7 days, one day is just walking a couple of miles).

Typically, I do strength training with my trainer once a week, a light strength type class once a week, and running 3 to 4 days a week. Sometimes I'll casually bike on the day I meet with my trainer too.

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My schedule looks something like"

Mon: Strength / Row / Indoor cycling (tri club program)
    Tue: Run
    Wed: Strength / Row
    Thu: Run
    Fri: Strength / Row
    Sat: Run
    Sun: Run (LSD)

My strength sessions are a full body workout intended to support my running rather than what someone who is bodybuilding would do (higher reps / lower weight) & lots of core / hips / glutes

Not listed is cycling......I commute to work by bike 2 or 3 times per week depending on weather / meeting schedules etc so it's pretty variable.
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I walk 2 or 3 miles a day, and weight lift 3X a week
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    What is this "toning" you speak of? I believe you mean strength training, since toning isn't a thing.

I lift for about 90 minutes five days per week. This is the main component of my workout routine that I don't skip unless I'm injured or legitimately too sick to work out.

I do a 10-minute HIIT session at the end of each of those workouts (most of the time).

My husband recently decided we're going to take up jogging (uh, yay?), so we started off with a short walk/jog/run yesterday and will continue to do that once a week and eventually more.

I walk my dog for 20 minutes every evening, but not for the calorie burn. Puppies need exercise!

I do something physical for the first 10 minutes of my lunch break at work, mostly because I have a desk job and hate that I'm not very mobile throughout the day. It used to be mini cardio routines but lately it's been more yoga/flexibility/mobility training type of stuff.

TLDR: I work out for about 7.5 hours per week, with about 2 hours of physical activity that is exercise but not what I consider a workout. Mostly strength training, with a little bit of cardio.
  • solarfish
    solarfish Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    For the past two months I have been averaging about 10 workouts per week. 3 x weight training (usually Monday, Wednesday, Friday), 3 x core, 2 x intervals, 2 x cardio. As of last week the 2 x cardio is now focused on training towards a rowing marathon (come join me!).