eating disorder/anxiety

Options
Friends! It is very easy to fall into bad habits especially when you are having an off day & im not talking about eating unhealthy or eating too much.. I'm talking about the dreaded phrase of not eating enough. It's hard to hear sometimes (that you're not eating enough). I fell into a bad place and although I didn't lose much weight from it, my body shrunk tremendously. I actually got diagnosed with an eating disorder. WHICH NO I WAS NOT MAKING MYSELF THROW UP before you judge. I was living a very unhealthy lifestyle & am now living with the consequences (emotionally and physically) please please please take care of your bodies! It is SO important when headed towards a goal. Grab some good friends and make them your workout partners! Set a meal plan together! & be confident in the direction that you go :)

Replies

• niamh211
    niamh211 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Friends! It is very easy to fall into bad habits especially when you are having an off day & im not talking about eating unhealthy or eating too much.. I'm talking about the dreaded phrase of not eating enough. It's hard to hear sometimes (that you're not eating enough). I fell into a bad place and although I didn't lose much weight from it, my body shrunk tremendously. I actually got diagnosed with an eating disorder. WHICH NO I WAS NOT MAKING MYSELF THROW UP before you judge. I was living a very unhealthy lifestyle & am now living with the consequences (emotionally and physically) please please please take care of your bodies! It is SO important when headed towards a goal. Grab some good friends and make them your workout partners! Set a meal plan together! & be confident in the direction that you go :)

I'm in the same boat
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    But seriously do you think someone is going to judge throwing up more harshly. That's messed up an eating disorder is an eatIng disorder period.
  • VanillaGorilla808
    VanillaGorilla808 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was nearly hospitalized a few years ago for ED, its a tough road but you can overcome it.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    If you are interested in OA, it does welcome people who have eating disorders. not just overeaters, there is a group here on MFP

other than that, welcome and keep working on being healthy, everything else will fall into place. if you haven't got a dr and team, I might suggest that too :)
  • niamh211
    niamh211 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    If you are interested in OA, it does welcome people who have eating disorders. not just overeaters, there is a group here on MFP

other than that, welcome and keep working on being healthy, everything else will fall into place. if you haven't got a dr and team, I might suggest that too :)

What is OA?
  • nicolesemplinski
    nicolesemplinski Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    But seriously do you think someone is going to judge throwing up more harshly. That's messed up an eating disorder is an eatIng disorder period.

Nope never said that. I'm just saying that everyone always assumes that's what you do.
  • shadysyrup313
    shadysyrup313 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

• dogcatac
    dogcatac Posts: 124 Member
    Options

this