What BMI does your goal weight bring you to?

Options

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Original GW of 140 - 26.4
    Current GW of 150 - 28.3

Yes, I'm still overweight by BMI, but at this point IDGAF. I've dropped my BMI from 59.14 to 29.3 and lost half my body weight. Right now, I'm going for a weight that will stay under 160 even with me having a *kitten* day and eating all the foods.

OP, take a look into body recomp.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 22.8 - 117 lbs on a 5ft frame. My goal is 115 lbs which puts me at 22.5.
    I hate BMI numbers.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    25.4, overweight, which is absurd, just like BMI in general.

Rigger
  • flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 24.4, but BMI hates tall people. I don't especially care about BMI at this point. I'm not going to adjust what I want to do with my body just because some clown at an insurance company wants to charge me more if I get over 25.

BMI hates short people too. At 5'0", it has the cheek to tell me that 95lbs is a healthy weight for me. My mother is 5'0" and 95lbs. She has terminal bone cancer. It's not a good look.

• discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Current GW of 150 - 28.3

Yes, I'm still overweight by BMI, but at this point IDGAF. I've dropped my BMI from 59.14 to 29.3 and lost half my body weight. Right now, I'm going for a weight that will stay under 160 even with me having a *kitten* day and eating all the foods.

Also if you've lost that much you probably have excess skin and that has weight too.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    BMI means nothing once you are in a healthy range. My current BMI is 20.6 which is well in the healthy range, and yet I still have so much fat on me. I need to stop worrying about scale numbers and BMI numbers, and start working on body fat numbers!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
  • Kman4evah
    Kman4evah Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Current BMI: 29
    Goal BMI: 29.2
    I'm really just cutting and then bulking back up haha. But when I hit my low cut I'll be at a 26.4
    I don't like BMI. Makes me feel a lot bigger than I am :(
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Starting weight bmi- 30.7 obese
    Current weight bmi- 26.8 overweight
    Goal weight bmi- 21.5 middle of healthy weight range

BMI is a pretty reasonable guide for me. I'm not tall, athletic or a bodybuilder. Having weighed from the lowest end of the healthy weight range to obese as and adult, I know I was most comfortable toward the mid to upper end of my healthy weight range. I'm not going to be hung up on that number if I look very lean and my measurements are small though.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Current GW of 150 - 28.3

Also if you've lost that much you probably have excess skin and that has weight too.

Very likely, but can't do anything about it.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm aiming for a BMI of 22 (started with a BMI of 44) and then I'll start recomp. Roughly 4.5 lbs away :drinker:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I'm just shooting for the top of the healthy range - so around 24.5, which is down from around 44.
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My goal puts me at 25.7. Still overweight but once I get there I will figure out how much I want more I want to lose. Maybe just 5 more lbs or could be 15lbs. I started at 32.1, now at 31.1. Will be doing a happy dance once I get it under 30.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options

Technically they associate over 25 as overweight, but I suspect I have enough muscle mass to justify 27.
  • EarthshakerFirst
    EarthshakerFirst Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well. I use a bmi calculator that accounts for framesize, but anyway, now I'm at 27.2, goal weight puts me at 20.5, and ultimate goal weight puts me at 18.2. (179, 135, 120 at 5'8'')
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Well. I use a bmi calculator that accounts for framesize, but anyway, now I'm at 27.2, goal weight puts me at 20.5, and ultimate goal weight puts me at 18.2. (179, 135, 120 at 5'8'')

Your goal weight is underweight by traditional BMI standards and you have a history of disordered eating, according to your profile. This is perhaps unsafe.
  • _8080808_
    _8080808_ Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    22.6, I'm already at a healthy bmi and just want tof lose some weight.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

What BMI calculator is that then?
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options

5'8''

SW - 200 - 30.4
    GW - 160 - 24.3

Once I get there I'll decide what to do, but the closer I get to my goal (at 172 right now) the more I think I'll transition to maintenance and recomp. That last few months have taught me that what I really want is to be strong and able to do whatever I want without being help back by physical limitations. And looking at the picture @rabbitjb posted earlier I think that will work for my vanity too ;)