Protein problems

Options
2»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I am on 40p/20c/40f and need 210g of protein a day. It's an insane amount.
    Not knowing your height etc, it does seem a tad high. I am 5ft 8" and almost 182lbs, and my 150g a day protein goal represents about 1.1g per lb of lean tissue.

@pav8888 I thought you were going to bed :wink:

I'm 5'8, around 160lb and my daily goal (in my head) is 100g minimum but aim for 125-130g (based on 0.64g-0.82g protein per lb bodyweight) .. more will do me no harm but the additional benefit is not that supported in the research I've seen
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    @pav8888 I thought you were going to bed :wink:
    It's like a sugar addiction :blush:

• minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Genuine question here - why do so many people think that low carb is cutting out "an entire food group" but low fat isn't? That alwaya makes me shake my head.

To the OP I'd up the fat, that is a lot of protein.
  • desireeak
    desireeak Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    As others have suggested - Quest bars. I LOVE them!
  • ladymorella
    ladymorella Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    @ladymorella which part of the egg upsets your stomach, I find I have an intolerance to too much egg yolk so have to limit it .. but I eat egg whites (with added cheese) every day and there's a great protein boost from that

You could try egg whites (you can buy cartons of it) to see if you can tolerate it

No idea. I did an allergy blood test to cut out a LOT of time trying to figure out what was causing me problems and eggs showed up. Those tests are prone to false positives and so needs to be tested. My testing is inconclusive. Sometimes it seems to bother me other times not. So for now they are cut out. Truth be told I don't like them that much anyway.
  • ladymorella
    ladymorella Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I am on 40p/20c/40f and need 210g of protein a day. It's an c, it does seem a tad high. I am 5ft 8" and almost 182lbs, and my 150g a day protein goal represents about 1.1g per lb of lean tissue.

My coach set the number. It is for 2100 cal and a 40/20/40 diet. Protein just came out to that. it was set like that to lose fat and gain muscle I believe. Idk I'm trying it out for 12 wks. Numbers will be rechecked next week.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I am on 40p/20c/40f and need 210g of protein a day. It's an c, it does seem a tad high. I am 5ft 8" and almost 182lbs, and my 150g a day protein goal represents about 1.1g per lb of lean tissue.

My coach set the number. It is for 2100 cal and a 40/20/40 diet. Protein just came out to that. it was set like that to lose fat and gain muscle I believe. Idk I'm trying it out for 12 wks. Numbers will be rechecked next week.

I'd suggest that protein is kind of high as a minimum .. what tests did you have to establish your BF%

There are no studies that prove any further benefit, even in professional bodybuilders which I doubt you are, of consuming greater than 0.84g protein per lb bodyweight ... there's no harm in it

Best guideline I've seen so far is set your protein and fats as minimum grammes to hit rather than percentages (for MFP you can do a conversion) and then allow the 3 macros Carbs, Proteins and Fats to fall where they will after you've hit your minimum

So Protein at 0.64-0.82g per lb of bodyweight min - for you that would be 116 - 149g protein min
    Fat at 0.35g per lb of bodyweight min - for you that would be 63g fat min
  • moglovesshoez
    moglovesshoez Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    What they don't tell you about low carb is that you have to eat high fat for energy. Maybe switch your macros to 25%P/50%F/25%C and load up on healthy fats.