How acurate is "if everyday were like today..." ???????

Options
mauck7
mauck7 Posts: 74
How many of you have gotten to the 5 week point? Has your "if everyday were like today.." been correct? Mine says I will be 17lbs down. My days are very similar and Im very consistant. Im pretty excited and very motivated.

Whats your story?

:-)

Replies

• kashe8
    kashe8 Posts: 23
    Options
    I haven't reached it yet but yesterday it said I would be 155 today 153. I'm thinking it shouldn't vary that much.
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Mine actually varies quite a bit on how much it says I'll be, but my calories vary quite a bit day to day. I've never gone over my calories, but some days I eat my exercise ones and other times I don't. As long as the scale keeps moving down I'm happy.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    It is as accurate as you are. If you consistently hit your target calories (within 30 on either more or less) you will see a loss of very near to what it shows you. My first 12 weeks I showed losses within a pound of what the 5 week prediction was. Since then I have gotten worse about staying on target, eating too little many days. I have not seen the pounds dropping off like it suggests it will. But I'm sure as I eat more again, I will see it come back :)
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing but I haven't been on here long enough to find that out. Hopefully someone else here will know that answer :)
  • pedalpusher5
    Options
    The key words are "if everyday were like today". Are your days all the same? I know mine aren't.

If you eat more on some days than others, or exercise more or less, that could account for some huge variations. So the real answer would basically be the average of everyday's projected number.

Becky
  • StargirlHeuser
    StargirlHeuser Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Does it take exercising into account? Mine said I'd gain five pounds! But I ate more because I worked out today!
  • RodSurly
    RodSurly Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm reminded of a phrase from Mary Chapin Carpenter's song "I Feel Lucky" that goes:

"The moral of this story, it's simple but it's true
    Hey the stars might lie, but the numbers never do

As they say "Do the math"
  • pedalpusher5
    Options
    It does take exercise into account, but are you still "under your calories" at the end of the day when it's all totaled up? It's not necessary to eat all your exercise calories.
  • StargirlHeuser
    StargirlHeuser Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hmm that's probably it. It said I was under my calorie goal, but my gross calorie count was above my goal, but net was below due to exercise. I don't usually eat all the exercise calories but I splurged a little today. I guess what's why it's telling me not to keep it up!
  • mauck7
    Options
    Bump
  • mauck7
    Options
    I guess as long as we get to our goal it doesn't matter how accurate it is.