I need help!!!

Options
Hi everyone! I've been a member for awhile but I've never really navigated and played around with the app. I'm trying to loose some weight and just looking for some encouragement, tips or great recipes to share. Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

Replies

• djarcher03
    djarcher03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't have much experience yet, but so far, the biggest help to my own weight loss has been the complete elimination of processed or sugary food and drink from my home. Its been an amazing help so far. And surprising how much, even artificial and zero calorie sweeteners, can set you back.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    There's a whole section dedicated to recipes:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/recipes

Beware of the crazies in the forums. Seriously. They'll just make you mad. And maybe sad.
  • louisekktahari
    louisekktahari Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes also drinking only water now and tea ones in a whiles with honey. I eat plant based cause I believe that was what or body was meant to do and eating that way will get you back to your normal weight. So far it had been amazing to keep track on my calories with MFP. Also macro sugar fat it is quite surprising how easy it is to add a bunch of calories to something you think is easy. Keep motivated get a goal and believe you can and will reach it. Everybody else ain't super heroes. But we need to be consistent! !
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177907/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

These are a good set of posts to start with.

WRT the forums, as long as you 1) search your topic first and confirm your question isn't asked 100 times a week, 2) give as much information as possible and 3) understand that this is the internet and some people are just very blunt, you'll be fine.

Check out the different forums and find people who share interests with you then send over a friend request with a little note, most people will accept and be willing to answer questions. Good luck!

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    djarcher03 wrote: »
    I don't have much experience yet, but so far, the biggest help to my own weight loss has been the complete elimination of processed or sugary food and drink from my home. Its been an amazing help so far. And surprising how much, even artificial and zero calorie sweeteners, can set you back.

That's good if it works for you, but remember that it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. You need to be able to eat in the way that you will for the rest of your life, just less of it. It needs to be something you can sustain. If you think you'll never eat 'processed' or sugary foods again, then good for you... but for a lot people, what you describe will usually lead to binges or giving up. Sugar in moderation is perfectly fine (and artificial zero calorie sweeteners are safe and will not set you back - they have no calories after all).

OP, what worked for me (I've lost 60lbs) was eating anything I wanted, but in moderation. So I still eat chocolate, for example, but instead of a huge bar a day I now only have a small bar. It helps me to not feel deprived. Keeping well hydrated helps to suppress hunger, and it's important to keep hitting your protein goal. Not only does protein help to keep you feeling full, but adequate protein along with resistance training will help to preserve your muscle so that your body burns less muscle and more fat.

Hope this helped :smile:
  • Pez707
    Pez707 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Its a change in lifestyle.. at first it will be hard but then it gets easier. Took me a year to implement a good routine then to notice significant and realistic weight loss. Understand your body and the food you feed it. Specially how it reacts to you. Lower calorie intake, understand the difference between the calories you intake, not all calories are the same. Do exercise as part of your weigh loss program but also be more active in the day. Listen to your body if you go to hard it will push back. If you push harder you will burn out or injure yourself. As you have moments of weakness or feel you didn't do much just remember a step in the right direction will always pay off even if its a small gain. Nothing is gained fast you have to be consistent and let it take its course. Like a voyage on a sailing ship across the ocean... don't know how long it will take and it will be long and hard and at times you will want to give up but if you just stay on track and steady you will be ok. Good Luck to You!
  • 1Stalyion
    1Stalyion Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys...your feedback was very helpful ☺