Im such a fussy eater!

2»

Replies

• 1966spen
    1966spen Posts: 33 Member
    I used to be a picky and fussy eater till I met my husband. Can't believe what I eat now. Love love love chillies in everything and spices. Any meat can taste delicious. Even eating veggie meals. I like a few salad leaves with hot meat. Lovely lunch. We have a microwave at work so can heat the meat up and mix with the salad with balsamic. I cook all dinners from scratch so can leave out ingredients I don't like. Surprising what weird and wonderful dishes you can create. I even make pizza even though I don't eat tomato or cheese!
  • AdamImadA
    AdamImadA Posts: 74 Member
    Yes, listing a bunch of food so a fussy eater can say "I don't like that" should end well.

Like!
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    i sort of always equated veggies I didn't like with "not fun" and food should be fun to eat. I bought a spiral slicer, and I love using it, and it's really made a difference to veggie intake to have a bowl of "curly oven-baked beet fries", for example, instead of choking down a couple boring slices. It helps too with making cucumbers and other veggies I like a lot but get boring, to be more appealing.
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    also used to hate onions. picked them out of everything. it was an irrational hatred. improved my own cooking skills and learned how valuable they are to enhancing flavor, and that they taste exquisite when caramelized (cooked long and slow until they turn deep brown. you can add them to almost anything). Doesn't mean i'll eat them raw, but at least i'll eat them!
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited June 2015
    I am picky too and eat like a child. This past spring, and so far this summer, every week I try a new vegetable or fruit that I would normally not eat. I have found that I love asparagus, brussels sprouts, broccoli, blueberries, kiwi and many other things. I also have found that if I do not like something the first time I try it, I will prepare it or cook it differently next time and end up liking the food. This was especially true with brussels sprouts. I have found, for me, that roasting vegetables is the way I like most of them.

That is kind of what makes this journey rewarding and fun. When you find those new foods or ways of cooking that can change your mind about a certain food. It just gives you more options for when you are in a food rut.