I Need people here for me

sarahrichardson1262
sarahrichardson1262 Posts: 2 Member
edited June 2015 in Motivation and Support
I feel like i cant lose weight, because i have all this temptation and cravings for food that is not good for me. If you are willing to support me in my weight loss journey please dont hesitate to add me

Replies

• barbarellab
    barbarellab Posts: 5 Member
    I'm here for support! I think we need to be realistic. Especially in the beginning if you've gone in hard before and ended up quitting early on. How much are you looking to lose?
  • Naener
    Naener Posts: 167 Member
    im right there with you.. oreos and ice cream own be every weekend
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2015
    Since you are struggling with food I would suggest a complete chain of your eating habits. The first time I lost weight I simply counted my calories and stuck to 1200 calories a day 98% of the time. I lived by myself so I didn't buy anything that didn't have the calories on the side of the container. Nearly all my meals were from the frozen department. If I wanted ice cream I drove to mcdonalds and got a sunday without toppings. This method was force of will alone.

The second time I decided to try cooking and frozen meals. I learned to like veggies. I'm still learning how to cook rice and I baked chicken. But I still held on to the ideas of those other foods. I felt better than I did the first time. but I was still missing pizza and mac and cheese, etc.

Of course with both of these tries I failed. I went back to eating the way I had been eating before and gained the weight back.

Now I have totally changed the way I eat. I cook now. I have recently discovered some hot pockets and yogurt in the freezer that I will have to work into my plan until they are gone but after that. I plan my meals for fuel for my body. What I eat tastes good but I am not looking to get pleasure out of my food. My meal plans focus on high protein, usually chicken, fish or eggs and then the rest is fiber, rice and mixed veggies. I cook many means at once so all I have to do is heat them up. I eat 4 times a day and 1 of those means is usually 3 servings of ice cream (doctor approved).

Once I made up my mind to overhaul everything I don't miss the foods I use to eat. My energy is more than it has ever been in my life. I will admit to taking medications that can affect my mood but I was taking them for nearly 3/4ths of the year before June 1st. I am usually happy. Changing the way I eat and adding exercise to my life has been the only change. Since I am very energetic and happy even on the days I don't workout I'm inclined to say it was changing the way I eat and looking to the types of calories I was consuming not just the eating at a deficient.

I changed. I removed the temptation. I decided I didn't want to struggle for the rest of my life. And it worked. I won't say that it has been 100 percent easy but close.
  • sarahrichardson1262
    sarahrichardson1262 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm here for support! I think we need to be realistic. Especially in the beginning if you've gone in hard before and ended up quitting early on. How much are you looking to lose?
    50 pounds
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    I need motivation as well. I lost 15 pounds with mfp 3 years ago. Then go pregnant and now I'm stuck again. Just started logging today and also doing the 21 day fitness program. I will add you as a friend. It really does help with support. My big goal is to lose at least 45-50lbs.