A very small but significant NSV!

Options
This may seem small, but it is huge to me. I knew I was going to have Pizza Hut pizza tonight at my grandma's. I usually eat like 4 slices of sausage pizza. They had a cheese and a sausage pizza. I logged 2 slices of cheese pizza before I went. And......I only had 2 slices of cheese pizza! I stuck to it and enjoyed every bite..leaving me under my cals for the day! YAY!!!

Replies

• alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    That's great.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! Awesome control!!! :D
  • ageros
    ageros Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have such a love/hate relationship with pizza. Especially my religious love of bacon.
  • lacybolton
    lacybolton Posts: 17
    Options
    Good Job! I have a very hard time with pizza and self discipline. Good for you!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    great job
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    It is easy to do when you are prepared and plan ahead!!! Good Job! Keep up the great work!
  • fidgekitty
    fidgekitty Posts: 43
    Options
    That's awesome! I totally know how you feel, I have zero self control when it comes to pizza, I think I'm going to try that strategy, and log in my pizza intake before I take it in lol. btw, what does NSV stand for?
  • MissKash
    MissKash Posts: 132
    Options
    thats great! to me thats a big nsv! it shows major self control! wtg!!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! And no, that's not a small feat. . . I LOVE pizza! ! !
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Pizza is my weakness, so I'm super-impressed by your discipline and self control :-)
  • a_dawn
    a_dawn Posts: 47
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!! I absolutely LOVE pizza, so I know what a huge thing it is to just eat 2 slices. :bigsmile:
  • BlueSkies_12
    BlueSkies_12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!!! that is how you do it, many small adjustments make all the difference!! Congrats.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Congratulations! :happy: Losing weight is easy. Choosing to lose weight is the difficult part! :flowerforyou:
  • HadraPriestess
    HadraPriestess Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Your non scale victory is no small feat. I see you have lost 59 lbs.
    My first thought was...wow! She could have said to herself..." I've lost 59 lbs so
    I deserve the pizza I love..." I am so impressed by YOU (and you gave me a whopping
    dose of inspiration) by your "stick-to-it-ness". I am proud for you!
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    What a great idea to put things into perspective by looking up the calorie value beforehand... You are awesome!! And well on your way to achieving your goals! Congratulations!:bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Lightjulesloves2run
    Lightjulesloves2run Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just learned a few days ago...Non-scale victory!
  • jpalmer7384
    jpalmer7384 Posts: 23
    Options
    That's awesome! I totally know how you feel, I have zero self control when it comes to pizza, I think I'm going to try that strategy, and log in my pizza intake before I take it in lol. btw, what does NSV stand for?

It stands for non scale victory!! It took me forever to figure it out too!! lol :)
  • fidgekitty
    fidgekitty Posts: 43
    Options
    Your non scale victory is no small feat. I see you have lost 59 lbs.
    My first thought was...wow! She could have said to herself..." I've lost 59 lbs so
    I deserve the pizza I love..." I am so impressed by YOU (and you gave me a whopping
    dose of inspiration) by your "stick-to-it-ness". I am proud for you!

You know that's something I've rationalized in the past "I lost weight, I deserve this junk food" but I wasn't really even acknowleging until you said something outloud about it. Food shouldn't be a reward for weight loss, smaller clothes should be! lol. I'm gonna keep this in mind next time I'm faced with temptation.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome! That's so great for you! :)
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Not small! I did something similar today :-)
    Congrats. It's always a big deal to use your willpower!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!