night snacker + STRESS = bad combo!!!

Options
i already have a bad habit of snacking at night...but it gets even worse when i stress! which is a lot :ohwell: like right now i'm not even hungry, but i'm really stressing about a bunch of things and i just want to keep eating! i don't know why or how to stop! and then the guilt gets to me which makes me even MORE stressed. the cycle never ends! :sad: is there anyone else out there with this problem?! if so, how do you deal? any advice is much appreciated.

Replies

• TiredOfThisShit
    Options
    I only buy healthy snacks due to this. One of my meds causes intense cravings when Im not hungry. I love 100 cal popcorn, it makes a good amount, and fills me up. Or, have a bowl of steel cut oats. Thats about 150 calories. Go to the grocery store and grab no sugar added fruit bars. I have strawberry. They are SO good, and the ones I have are 40 calories with 4 g of sugar. Snyders fat free mini pretzels allow you 20 minis for 100 calories. Hummus is a good choice, 2 tablespoons for 100 calories. Special K Sea Salt crackers allow 30 crackers for 150 calories. All Natural Cheetoe White Cheddar allows about 30 puffs for 150 calories. Fresh fruit is a good choice.

A really good asset is Walden Farms. They make zero calories foods that actually taste good. You can buy the peanut butter spread, grab some celery, and go to town, guilt and calorie free. You can find them at different stores, or if no luck like me, you can order them shipped (try to find them in store, cheaper that way).

http://waldenfarms.com/

Good Luck! Hope this helps.
  • albert35
    albert35 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am fine until about 9 and its like I just need something. I try to eat something healthy like fruit or yogurt or even sugar free jello but i REALLY want junk food which I have found myself eating lately. Got to get back in the healthy stage.
  • structuralAnalysis
    Options
    My advice is to just stay away from food after 9pm. Feeling stressed? Run till you can't run anymore... before 9pm. If you feel like you really need something to eat, take a handful of nuts and/or a couple of teaspoons of yoghurt and chug down a lot of water. It'll be hard at first, but - and trust me when I say this - your night snacking will stop :)

-ex midnight snacker, and ex- smoker