23 Years old and 502 pounds!

Options
Hi my name is Marvin. Im new to myfitnesspal and am getting ready to start a long journey. Im 23 years old and weigh 502 pounds. My goal weight is 200 pounds. That's all I have at the moment lol.

Replies

• 100_lbs_Plus
    100_lbs_Plus Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You can do it Marv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! feel free to add me if you want :)
  • marvindaily
    marvindaily Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks alot! Im soooo ready for this weight to come off! Lol
  • 100_lbs_Plus
    100_lbs_Plus Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If you ever need advice I'm here for you man!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Marvin. I started at 411lbs (5ft, 33 year old, female) with 300lbs to lose. I'm almost half way there. I find prelogging my meals really helpful, and I log everything, good days and bad. Good luck, you can do this!
  • macr0babe
    macr0babe Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You've got this. The hardest part is starting, but once you do nothing can stop you!
  • cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You got this Marvin! This is a great place to be. :) Add me if you'd like.
  • marvindaily
    marvindaily Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the encouraging words, I really appreciate it! This seems like its going to be easier than I thought
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hello & welcome! :)
  • racheln2017
    racheln2017 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! If you need support, you can always add me!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Marvin. I started at 411lbs (5ft, 33 year old, female) with 300lbs to lose. I'm almost half way there. I find prelogging my meals really helpful, and I log everything, good days and bad. Good luck, you can do this!

I think that's probably the best advice of all - log everything. You don't have to share out your food diary, but fill it up with truth because in the end, it's usually denial that put us here to begin with.

You can do it, Marvin, you really can.
  • TriciaCh
    TriciaCh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the encouraging words, I really appreciate it! This seems like its going to be easier than I thought

Some days seem easy, some are excruciating, the trick is to stick with it no matter how bad a day you have :smile: but you can do it.
  • JeremyInvincible
    JeremyInvincible Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You got this brother.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Welcome, You should be proud of yourself already for making a positive start. Take it one day at a time and set short term goals to keep you motivated. You can do this. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • Jad31te
    Jad31te Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome Marvin :) Feel free to add me too!
  • mcahoon79
    mcahoon79 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. When I was 22 I was 320 pounds. Currently 190 and going for 145.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi Marvin - please add me if I can help and encourage you :)
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Starting really is the hardest part no matter how much you have to lose! One little tip of advice for you, Marvin: when you first start you're going to lose quite a bit pretty quickly but then it's going to slow down a LOT. Don't let that discourage you. That was my main problem. When you have a lot to lose it will fall off really quickly at first and that feels great but then when you see the scale hardly moving it can be discouraging (I was about 240 and losing 5+ a week for about a month but then it dropped down to about 1lb a week). Just always remember that it's a journey and not a race. :)
  • Littlepeeper
    Littlepeeper Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome Marvin! You are strong. You can achieve your goals!
  • djarcher03
    djarcher03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do it man, I hit 600 lbs this year, and decided I needed to change, I'm down to 524, so good luck to you! Its totally possible!
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Remember, everyone has bad days, and days the slips up a little or a lot. DOn't give up, just move on and make sure you have more good days then bad days.