please say a prayer or send good thoughts...

Options
Beautiful0110
Beautiful0110 Posts: 18 Member
To my dad Eddie who has been in ICU at mayo clinic almost a month now. He has sickle cell anemia and multiple organ failure. The staff and doctors have been great; one of the doctors even cried when they told us there was no more they can do. He's not healthy enough for a transplant and his blood pressure is so low they have to use a synthetic medication. He's fully conscious but too weak to talk or move. This week the family Is going to make a hard decision based on his progress. I love my dad. So much. I've wanted to spend my adult life getting to know him better since I couldn't as a child. My 5 year old son loves him to pieces. My heart hurts so bad, but I post this because he was afraid to go to the dr for many years. All of this could have somewhat been avoided. Take care of your bodies and health while you have the chance. That's why I'm here. Please send a prayer or good thoughts up for my dad.

-his baby girl

Replies

• suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Praying for you and your family's peace and comfort as you deal with your dad's illness. BTW, there are Christian groups on this site that you can join and request prayer there as well. (pick community tab, then groups)
  • raregem99
    raregem99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I will pray for Eddie right now. Peace, healing and wisdom of the Lord be upon your father and your whole family.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    raregem99 wrote: »
    I will pray for Eddie right now. Peace, healing and wisdom of the Lord be upon your father and your whole family.

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    Eddie will be in my Prayers for strength, healing and comfort. Many Blessings to your Family! Be Strong! <3
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Sent a prayer.
  • Beautiful0110
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thank you for those who replied.. he did sadly pass away a few days ago. but if you want to leave encouraging words or condolences for my family who is taking this very hard you can at
    http://thegazette.com/obituaries/eddie-smith-20150628-0001071823-01#comments

he lived a great life and I am proud he never gave up. he was a great dad
    Feel free to leave comments, my family checks it each day..Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers!
  • Beautiful0110
    Options
    suzreen wrote: »
    Praying for you and your family's peace and comfort as you deal with your dad's illness. BTW, there are Christian groups on this site that you can join and request prayer there as well. (pick community tab, then groups)

do you know one in particular? I'm having a hard time shaking the heaviness in my heart :(

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

do you know one in particular? I'm having a hard time shaking the heaviness in my heart :(
    The "Christian Support Group" here is super. I'm very sorry about your loss and will send continued prayers for your/his family.
  • suzreen
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »

The "Christian Support Group" here is super. I'm very sorry about your loss and will send continued prayers for your/his family.

Yes, what zcb said. Christian support group is what it's called. She and I are both in that group, and there are lots of good people there.
  • suzreen
    Options
    Also sorry for your loss. Praying for you for peace and encouragement, and better times ahead.