What books are you reading that are not 'health' related.

Options
Chika_2015
Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
Hey all, I am a proud owner of a Kindle, and i just wanted to get an idea on what books everyone is reading so i can get some ideas. I like evey kind of book, fiction, non fiction, political, you name it and i will probably read it.
Thanks
~Chika

Replies

• nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your kindle, and wishing you many happy reading hours.

Am reading to and with my 8 year old son, and we're on the third Harry Potter book.
    I also just finished: Because They Hate, by Brigitte Gabriel.
  • idivadi
    idivadi Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Echo in the Bone.. By Diane Gabaldon--lastest in this series--all enjoyable reads.:smile:
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading the third book in the A song of ice and fire series by George RR Martin. I HIGHLY recommend them, they are incredible books!
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    Current read - The 4-Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferris

Just finished - Can We Do That? by Peter Shankman
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    I have read "The Help" by Katherine Stockett and just finished "Racing in the Rain: My Life as a Dog" by Garth Stein. Both quick, enjoyable reads. Kindles are amazing!
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading The Help and just finished The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of reading "Leaving" by Karen Kingsbury. Unlocked, also written by her, was good too. :] I cried reading it.
  • idivadi
    idivadi Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Heard Song and ice series was great-- I have the first one --its next on a very long list. I enjoy my e-reader but still love to hold the book.:happy:
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Jodi Picoult - Author..you can't go wrong. I personally recommend either Nine Minutes or My Sisters Keeper (yes, the same one as the movie.) it will make you cry! Good luck!

edit: to say that the book is NOTHING like the movie....even the story is different so even if you've seen the movie you will be awe struck by the book.
  • CyborgDreamSt8
    Options
    I also have a Kindle, love that thing, it is so handy and amazing. At the moment I am reading a book called Dune: The Machine Crusade. It's a sci-fi book from the Dune series. I just finished a book called Federation, another sci-fi and also have started reading a bit here and there of the Iliad, and will probably get around to starting the book Water for Elephants sometime soon. Can you tell I love to read?
  • curlgirl_03
    curlgirl_03 Posts: 49
    Options
    I just started a book today titled "it's not summer without you".. about teenage love, not sure if you're interested in that genre or not, but I like it so far :) Books by James Patterson's Women's Murder Club series are good too; suspense/ romance. His books are a definate page-turner. I can finish one of his books in a matter of days!
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    **** My Dad Says - can't remember the author off the top of my head

Good Enough To Eat and Room for Improvement - Stacy Ballis

my Fair Lazy and If You Were Here - Jen Lancaster
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Just finished Water for Elephants which was really good and now I'm starting Secret Daughter.
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    Jodi Picoult - Author..you can't go wrong. I personally recommend either Nine Minutes or My Sisters Keeper (yes, the same one as the movie.) it will make you cry! Good luck!

I LOVE JODI PICOULT also!!!! Great reads!!! :)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Im currently reading The Unique Woman by Edwin & Nancy Cole..
  • TiredOfThisShit
    Options
    The Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz, re-reading my favorites Tuesdays With Morrie by MItch Albom and The Giver by Lois Lowry. I also have cracked open The Count Of Monte Cristo and Tipping The Velvet. For a good belly laugh (though I hate to give him money) I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I just got a free Kindle book from Amazon tonight called One True Love by Barbara Freethy. Mostly I have been reading my textbooks for collage.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have read "The Help" by Katherine Stockett and just finished "Racing in the Rain: My Life as a Dog" by Garth Stein. Both quick, enjoyable reads. Kindles are amazing!

Both of these books are great!
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Echo in the Bone.. By Diane Gabaldon--lastest in this series--all enjoyable reads.:smile:

Excellent books, I'm re-reading all of them right now!
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I personally loved "City of Bones" =)