Cosplayer starting out

Options
2»

Replies

• brimag18
    brimag18 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What a fun thread! Some friends and I did a GI Joe group last year in Minneapolis as our first attempt at cosplay. We're perfecting them for Chicago this year. I've lost 20 lbs in preparation for the spandex. Cosplay is excellent motivation.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »
    I just finished my Thor costplay. :-) took nearly 6 months to get my Thor arms
    IMG_3293%202_zpsqmsdyyzd.jpg

Outstanding!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    brimag18 wrote: »
    What a fun thread! Some friends and I did a GI Joe group last year in Minneapolis as our first attempt at cosplay. We're perfecting them for Chicago this year. I've lost 20 lbs in preparation for the spandex. Cosplay is excellent motivation.

Nice! I'm assuming you're familiar with "The Finest". Met several members at the Springfield con and working towards doing Croc Master & Big Boa.
  • brimag18
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    brimag18 wrote: »

Nice! I'm assuming you're familiar with "The Finest". Met several members at the Springfield con and working towards doing Croc Master & Big Boa.

Cool! I'd love to see pics :)
  • brimag18
    Options

I believe I've seen this pic before. Those arms are amazing.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Cosplay is awesome. I'm doing that too... anyone guess what costume I'm working on next?
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options

You have the hammer in the wrong hand :(
  • LemonadeCandy_
    LemonadeCandy_ Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Same! :) I've been cosplaying for years but this year has been particularly rough on me, so I've gone from fit to about 50 lbs over the weight I feel most confident at. I refuse to buy material for cosplay until I lose the weight, but my list of characters I want to do is starting to stack up! Hoping to be at a comfortable weight by the Spring! If anybody wants a buddy to log with, feel free to add me...I'm kind of alone on here, haha.
  • usagiannora
    usagiannora Posts: 10 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am a HUGE Sailor Moon fan. Always wanted to Cosplay her.
    Now that I am older, and engaged, I decided that her Neo Queen Serenity dress is what I intend to do for my wedding dress when I get married in a few years. I have a long way to go to drop the weight and tone my body though. >_<

so9qis5jwxl0.jpg
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Cosplay buddies!!! <3<3<3
    It's not why I started getting healthy, but I'm doing Princess Mononoke and I want that agile warrior look :wink: