What books are you reading that are not 'health' related.

Options

Replies

• lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of reading "Leaving" by Karen Kingsbury. Unlocked, also written by her, was good too. :] I cried reading it.

Karen Kingsbury is awesome! I got unlocked for Christmas and read the whole thing in under 5 hours with no breaks. I had a huge emotional hangover after that because I cried the whole time. It is very dear to my heart because my seven year old son has autism.

I am reading Jeanette Oke's Seasons of the Heart Series and "These will not be left behind" and finished the Love Comes Softly series a couple of months ago. I love Jeanette Oke books! I'm also reading the Rose Trilogy by Beverly Lewis.
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    The Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz, re-reading my favorites Tuesdays With Morrie by MItch Albom and The Giver by Lois Lowry. I also have cracked open The Count Of Monte Cristo and Tipping The Velvet. For a good belly laugh (though I hate to give him money) I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell.

Huge fan of the Odd Thomas series! I also love anything by Christopher Moore.
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    Jodi Picoult - Author..you can't go wrong. I personally recommend either Nine Minutes or My Sisters Keeper (yes, the same one as the movie.) it will make you cry! Good luck!

I LOVE JODI PICOULT also!!!! Great reads!!! :)

Yes! Anything by her is a great summer read. I love her books.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Jodi Picoult - Author..you can't go wrong. I personally recommend either Nine Minutes or My Sisters Keeper (yes, the same one as the movie.) it will make you cry! Good luck!

I LOVE JODI PICOULT also!!!! Great reads!!! :)

The best read I've ever had! I have most of her books...I even have the wonder woman comics that she wrote lol what a book dork
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Jodi Piccoult....LOVE LOVE LOVE her. Also, Kristin Hannah. Winter Garden is probably the best book I have ever read....and I have read THOUSANDS of books.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Crossing to Safety (Wallace Stegner) is the best book I ever read. I also really enjoyed Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, and am currently working my way through Michelle Moran's books, which are phenomenal (Nefertiti, The Heretic Queen, Cleopatra's Daughter, and Madame Toussand). And Lamb, by Christopher Moore, is hysterical, but if you're a reverent religious type person, I don't recommend it (it's about Jesus's childhood friend, Biff. Go from there, lol).
  • NikkNikk78
    NikkNikk78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am reading Heaven Is For Real. It's a four year old boy's account about how he went to Heaven. The story is written by his father. It is so refreshing on how he gives his accounts of how heaven is. Check it out it will truly strengthen your faith. Oh it's by Todd Burpo
  • jase111
    jase111 Posts: 83
    Options
    I'm currently reading the new ESPN book, "Those Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPN" by James Andrew Miller and Tom Shales. I really enjoyed their SNL book.
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of reading "Leaving" by Karen Kingsbury. Unlocked, also written by her, was good too. :] I cried reading it.

Karen Kingsbury is awesome! I got unlocked for Christmas and read the whole thing in under 5 hours with no breaks. I had a huge emotional hangover after that because I cried the whole time. It is very dear to my heart because my seven year old son has autism.

I am reading Jeanette Oke's Seasons of the Heart Series and "These will not be left behind" and finished the Love Comes Softly series a couple of months ago. I love Jeanette Oke books! I'm also reading the Rose Trilogy by Beverly Lewis.

I love these reader threads. I get the best ideas!
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, i didn't think i would get that many responses, but wow....AWESOME. I have to load my kindle up. You guys/gals gave me some great idea and i will check them out. Right now i have to start with the "the girl with the dragon tattoo" by Steig Larsson, I saw the movies and loved them and now i want to read all the books, 3 of the.

Thanks Eveyone ;0)
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    I'm currently reading the new ESPN book, "Those Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPN" by James Andrew Miller and Tom Shales. I really enjoyed their SNL book.

My husband would love this, i will recommend this to him.
    Thanks
  • CyborgDreamSt8
    Options
    I personally loved "City of Bones" =)

I read that book nearly five years ago, when I was living in San Antonio. Once I started it I just couldn't put it down. I never did read any of the others though, it's a whole series now I think. I would have to start over and that just doesn't really appeal to me.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I am currently piggy backing two!! I am working on a list of the "classics" which I have put togethor, so my first one is "A Tale of Two Cities", and I will be starting Dean Koontz' 4th "Frankenstein" book this weekend!!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    OH!! I also recommend "the Hunger Games" series that is out!! Best books ever!!!
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I don't get to read alot and often find it hard to keep my attention but when i do I prefer nonfiction more-right now i'm reading "The Lost Painting" by Jonathan Harr. And i really liked "The Sistine Secrets, Michelangelo's Forbidden Messages in the Heart of the Vatican" it was very interesting and i love that it has pics of paintings so you can see it right there. "Dante's Inferno" is good as well but i haven't read the other two in the set-The Divine Comedy. I will probably redo that soon and read the whole thing next time.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Crossing to Safety (Wallace Stegner) is the best book I ever read. I also really enjoyed Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, and am currently working my way through Michelle Moran's books, which are phenomenal (Nefertiti, The Heretic Queen, Cleopatra's Daughter, and Madame Toussand). And Lamb, by Christopher Moore, is hysterical, but if you're a reverent religious type person, I don't recommend it (it's about Jesus's childhood friend, Biff. Go from there, lol).

I've read a few Christopher Moore books and they have all been hilarious!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, i didn't think i would get that many responses, but wow....AWESOME. I have to load my kindle up. You guys/gals gave me some great idea and i will check them out. Right now i have to start with the "the girl with the dragon tattoo" by Steig Larsson, I saw the movies and loved them and now i want to read all the books, 3 of the.

Thanks Eveyone ;0)

I read those books before watching the first movie. They are an excellent read. I just finished reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein on my Kindle and bought "The Land of Painted Caves" by Jean M. Auel. It's the final book in her Earth's Children series (Clan of the Cave Bear, etc.) and I have been waiting for a very long time for her to finish it. I can't wait to have some free time to start in on it.
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading " Dead Reckoning" on my kindle. It's the latest in the Sookie Stackhouse Series. For those of you that don't know, "True Blood" on HBO is based on the Sookie Stackhouse series. What can I say, I'm a sucker for vampire books. :smile:
  • Chika_2015
    Options

Thanks Eveyone ;0)

I read those books before watching the first movie. They are an excellent read. I just finished reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein on my Kindle and bought "The Land of Painted Caves" by Jean M. Auel. It's the final book in her Earth's Children series (Clan of the Cave Bear, etc.) and I have been waiting for a very long time for her to finish it. I can't wait to have some free time to start in on it.

OMG OMG OMG, I read those books like a decade ago and I loved them. I might have to add those to my list. Thanks I forgot all about Jean A.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a kindle, but I'm a nerd, and I LOVE books. I love bookshelves also.

I like to read fantasy world stuff.

I like Gregory Maguire - Wicked, Wicked - Son of a Witch, A Lion Among Men, Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister.
    I also LOVE the Harry Potter Series I am currently reading the 5th year.
    I read Charlene Harris books also, not just the Sookie Stackhouse series, but that series for sure :)