Getting VERY discouraged

Options
FeliciaR227
FeliciaR227 Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2015 in Motivation and Support
I'm a 25 year old mother of a 6 year old and been with my son's father for the past 7 years. I have always had a weight problem. I don't remember a time in my life where I wasn't getting hounded by doctors and family about losing weight. I'm only 5 feet tall so anything over 120 makes me look chunky. Before I had my son I always started around 165-170lbs but after I had him I just kept putting it on. I now weight 224.4lbs and it devastates me. I've tried diet after diet and I just can't seem to lose weight or keep it off in a healthy way. I'm getting very discouraged that I will never be at a healthy weight. I feel like I can also see my boyfriends physical attraction towards me dwindling away bc i have just become so big and round. I'm hoping that seeing everyone's success story on here and advice will help me finally get on track with my weight.

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    walk, fast paced and uphill. daily.
  • GibsonSG_67
    GibsonSG_67 Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Forget diets focus on portion size, sucks but you will have to stick with it. Limiting yourself is very hard to do but that's what it will take. And look on these boards for motivation, make some friend requests of some of the success stories
    Good luck :)
  • runner1234b
    runner1234b Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Girl. Sometimes that could be a trigger with the success stories. Instead of comparing use this for accountability. For example, if you feel like giving up or have something you feel upset about that may lead you to do something ... Hold yourself accountable and tell yourself you'll have to tell someone on here. Going public is a huge step and important for motivation.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I started at close to 300 pounds about 18 months ago and I have lost almost 70 pounds by eating about 1800 - 2000 calories a day and exercising a few times a week. I started by making small changes and then continued to build on that as those changes became easier to maintain. I still eat pizza, cheeseburgers, candy, and have pop on occasion and in moderation as long as it fits into my calorie goals. I have good days and bad days, but I keep plugging along because I am worth it and I will eventually reach my goal!

You can friend me if you would like.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    One pound at a time :-) If you look at the big picture that will probably be discouraging, so you need to take your journey little by little. You need to find your ephipame (This is from "The hunger fix" book) that will keep you motivated. Even if you lose 5 pounds per month, you will be five pounds healthier. Good luck :-)
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Learn to log your food accurately and consistently. Reduce your calories to a reasonable deficit. It works. I lost 140 lbs (although some before I found MFP). As others have said, incorporate foods you like in moderation and try new foods that may be healthier or lower calorie. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale and weigh everything you eat?