5 am workout

Options
2»

Replies

• davemacdonald31
    davemacdonald31 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks one and all!!! I will try these to see what works for me. Believe it or not, I'm not a coffee person!!!!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Thanks one and all!!! I will try these to see what works for me. Believe it or not, I'm not a coffee person!!!!

You should have put that in your original post so we all could have properly freaked out.

My needs have changed over time. When I first started doing morning workouts @ a year ago, I had to have coffee before and food right away after. But over time I've gotten less hungry in the mornings so I don't eat until after I get to work. But a year ago I was chugging a smoothie before I even got in the shower. Just listen to your body.
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I do coffee before and coffee after ;)
  • mericose
    mericose Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have protein shake and a small piece of fruit about 30 mins before and the same after.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I drink water before and during and then, afterward, I eat my normal breakfast. Not immediately afterward, though. It's usually about 45 minutes later.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Water before, BCAA during, and I have hefty breakfast right after.
  • jeany48
    jeany48 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Typically nothing before - protein and coffee after!
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    I start my day with eggs, or a breakfast bar and milk. Then workout. then protein after, usually a quest bar. The after is definitely more important.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    andylllI wrote: »
    I do coffee before and coffee after ;)

I'm doing coffee right now.

ALL DAY EVER'ERY DAY!
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I should start doing coffee during....
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

I thought fairly seriously about trying to bring a cup into the shower this morning. But since I brush my teeth in the shower, I figured I've give the pearlies at least five minutes to be clean before I start staining them more. Maybe I should brush my teeth before working out so I can have coffee in the shower.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I eat nothing before my 5:30ish workout, then a big breakfast after. What you should do depends on how you feel. Are you hungry when you first wake up?
  • davemacdonald31
    davemacdonald31 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    A little hungry, but I don't want too much on my stomach because I don't want to puke up what I had in the morning! LOL!!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I do not eat anything. I sip water throughout the workout and make my breakfast of coffee, eggs and sometimes toast or banana afterwards. 5 am is too damn early for my belly to be doing ANYTHING
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Double espresso and I am ready. Maybe a few almonds if really hungry before. Love to eat after. Protein and carbs after.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

I thought fairly seriously about trying to bring a cup into the shower this morning. But since I brush my teeth in the shower, I figured I've give the pearlies at least five minutes to be clean before I start staining them more. Maybe I should brush my teeth before working out so I can have coffee in the shower.

I shower at night- so I'm a big fan of the "shower- beer" less so of the "beer shower" but I mean- if it gets the job done and all. LOL