New to MFP and still having trouble reaching my 1200 calories daily...

Options
2»

Replies

• skittlsv2
    skittlsv2 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Why are you eating a 13th of a pack of nuts? Eat the whole thing. Starving yourself isn't doing you any favors. Sure you may lose the weight quicker, but what will you have learned? What about sustaining what you lose?

I've never had to worry about portion control or measuring. In 4 years after I was in a bad wreck that broke my neck and had to do rehab and meds I put on 45 lbs. Now I'm ready to lose it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    skittlsv2 wrote: »
    Why are you eating a 13th of a pack of nuts? Eat the whole thing. Starving yourself isn't doing you any favors. Sure you may lose the weight quicker, but what will you have learned? What about sustaining what you lose?

I've never had to worry about portion control or measuring. In 4 years after I was in a bad wreck that broke my neck and had to do rehab and meds I put on 45 lbs. Now I'm ready to lose it.

You have two 700 calorie days. This is not enough for your body to get the nutrients it needs. The winner gets to eat the most and still lose.
  • skittlsv2
    Options
    I'm trying. I've never dieted before and I know I'm doing it wrong and that's why I finally am asking for help with this. I really appreciate all these suggestions.
  • Liftng4Lis
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm trying. I've never dieted before and I know I'm doing it wrong and that's why I finally am asking for help with this. I really appreciate all these suggestions.

Nutrient dense foods (I call them fillers), avocado, nut butters, eggs, more nuts. WAIT....did I say ice cream!?
  • skittlsv2
    Options

Nutrient dense foods (I call them fillers), avocado, nut butters, eggs, more nuts. WAIT....did I say ice cream!?

Awesome. Love this advice.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options

If this doesn't work...cough* I'm all about brownies! :wink:
    You've got this!
  • skittlsv2
    Options

If this doesn't work...cough* I'm all about brownies! :wink:
    You've got this!

Haha. I needed a laugh. Thank you for your kindness.