Do you make pretty food for yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't have the patience nor the fine motor skills to do anything extraordinary. I don't like preparing food for others because of that. But the food I make is always appetizing for me, and I enjoy it very much.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Nope. I have no time for that.

Besides, a fair amount of dishes I love are just ugly no matter what you do with them. Like Saag paneer. There's no improving the looks of what amounts to spinach mush. I mean, you can put it in a pretty bowl, but that's about it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I don't cook fancy and I sure don't pretty it up. I made my polish grandmother's version of goulash tonight and ate it out of a cheap bowl with a chip on the rim and smashed two slices of bread and butter on the top of it. lol Tasted great, though.
  • Ozzzzzzzzzz
    Ozzzzzzzzzz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I dont care if my food is pretty or not.

I`m very impressed by those who do make it look pretty, Some are almost works of art.
  • mw1nters
    mw1nters Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I've always felt that food should be a whole experience, not just for you tongue but also your eyes and nose and everything. It really helped me when I started eating healthy. Some of the food I make, if I just throw it in a bowl I get really bored with, but making a meal a whole experience with nice plating and a well paired drink makes it all so much more enjoyable. So even if I'm having dinner with someone else who's eating something that might be tempting, well... that smooshed burger in its cardboard box ain't got nothin' on my beautiful plate of perfectly seasoned fish with a seashell drawn in the sauce.

I also kinda feel like it makes cooking the food more fun. It feels less like a chore for me and more like an art project.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    My food does not look pretty, it just tastes great!
  • pauladner
    pauladner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Jade, I liked your question. When I was single I used to do this all the time. Now I still doing this for my family. However, when I am by myself I just set the food in a bowl. Thinking about this I know that I deserve better, and I should pamper me too. Doesn't matter if you take an extra 5 minutes to dress up and clean up the dishes, right? Have a great day!
  • wickedpursuit
    wickedpursuit Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Alas, not so much. I fret over my baking and how it looks (because I'm usually making that for people) but not over the stuff I cook for myself! It still tastes good; I'm just super-lazy.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I make food that looks appealing & tasty but I don't make a special effort to garnish it or arrange it on the plate just so most of the time.
  • lynlen
    lynlen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Not usually but if I have time, then yes! I love looking at food photography
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I like different colors on my plate
  • FreshStartForMyself
    FreshStartForMyself Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    epvfs3jvw847.jpg

Does this answer your question? LOL

When I have time I do try to make my meals look less gross (they're always yummy though), but sometimes I just have to throw something together and it doesn't exactly look pretty.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Am I weird for thinking that would make it look even more like a stagnant swamp? LOL.