Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ladies who lift heavy!

I had a great group of friends on here, but most of them have become inactive in the time I was out of the country/pregnant/moving/postpartum problems etc and I am finally back and would love to make some new connections :) I'm not doing a specific program, a four day lifting split (chest/tri, back/biceps, legs/booty, shoulders/abs) with some kind of cardio every day while trying to drop the baby weight. Just bought Strong Curves book though and looking forward to incorporating it into my workouts. I am 34, have a 15 year old and an 11 month old and the gym is the only thing that keeps me sane! I ran the Chicago Marathon the month before getting pregnant but developed sciatica from the pregnancy and haven't really been able to run well since, so I really need to keep my motivation and focus. Let's be friends!!

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Added you. I'm 32 with 13, 7 & 2 year old kids. I totally hear ya on the gym = mummy time lol
  • Epaho
    Epaho Posts: 32 Member
    Add me too - kids are 15 and 3 and I'm 37. Looking at a schedule of 3 days / week lifting but it's in a home gym. The local one is too expensive for now.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Adding you now - always happy to have more heavy lifting ladies to chat to :smile:
  • 10inprogress
    10inprogress Posts: 89 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm 36 and a mom of 5 & 6 year old. Always looking for lifters to connect with...especially ladies. Anyone in the same boat feel free to add as well. ☺️
  • Cass2025
    Cass2025 Posts: 82 Member
    Finally ladies that lift :) feel free to add me nice to see women who do more than cardio!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    OP - my advice would be to run the strong curves program as designed, or another program, and don't try to re-design it to fit your homemade one.
  • marynificent
    marynificent Posts: 110 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    OP - my advice would be to run the strong curves program as designed, or another program, and don't try to re-design it to fit your homemade one.

Appreciate the advice- haven't actually read the book yet so no opinion either way but good to hear from others.
  • marynificent
    Really looking forward to getting to know you all!!
  • tooheyz
    tooheyz Posts: 26 Member
    edited June 2015
    always refreshing to see women lifting! post baby I did 5x5. worked wonders!

goodluck and enjoy the lifting journey! seeing the weight numbers go up gets addictive!
  • Amyaya
    Amyaya Posts: 107 Member
    Please feel free to add me too!!
  • lorriejharrell
    lorriejharrell Posts: 9 Member
    Would love to be added! I'm 48 and started with a personal trainer in February and have been amazed at the results! I lift heavy and want to see the muscles!
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    i love to add new friends, i'm a power lifter.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Another powerlifter here. Not crazy active on my wall but I try.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    26 and no kids, but I do lift heavy. Add me :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    There are tonnes of ladies on this site who lift.

There are numerous groups for women/people...search them out

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

Here are just a couple.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »

and I totally agree with this...I have been lifting for 2 years and wouldn't even dream of trying to "create" my own program.
  • LolaKarwowski
    LolaKarwowski Posts: 217 Member
    Love lifting!!! Only been at it for 2 months and can already see/feel the difference.
  • marynificent
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    There are tonnes of ladies on this site who lift.

There are numerous groups for women/people...search them out

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

Here are just a couple.

Hey stef! Thanks for the information. I'm actually a very experienced lifter - I started when I was 14 and have done it on and off for 20 years! I usually go for isolation over total body and strong lifts type stuff, but I can appreciate the value of both approaches! Before my pregnancy, I was squatting and deadlifting over 200 lbs! I would love to get back there and development of my glutes seems like a great way to support that goal. Thanks again for sharing information, hope to see you around :)

• cindys921
    cindys921 Posts: 396 Member
    33 and 2 kids 8 and 5.. Currently doing stronglifts!! I will add you.
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    26, no kids... I've struggled with an injury for some time but I'm starting Stronglifts again tomorrow!! Feel free to add me.