Ladies who lift heavy!

Options
I had a great group of friends on here, but most of them have become inactive in the time I was out of the country/pregnant/moving/postpartum problems etc and I am finally back and would love to make some new connections :) I'm not doing a specific program, a four day lifting split (chest/tri, back/biceps, legs/booty, shoulders/abs) with some kind of cardio every day while trying to drop the baby weight. Just bought Strong Curves book though and looking forward to incorporating it into my workouts. I am 34, have a 15 year old and an 11 month old and the gym is the only thing that keeps me sane! I ran the Chicago Marathon the month before getting pregnant but developed sciatica from the pregnancy and haven't really been able to run well since, so I really need to keep my motivation and focus. Let's be friends!!

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Added you. I'm 32 with 13, 7 & 2 year old kids. I totally hear ya on the gym = mummy time lol
  • Epaho
    Epaho Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Add me too - kids are 15 and 3 and I'm 37. Looking at a schedule of 3 days / week lifting but it's in a home gym. The local one is too expensive for now.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Adding you now - always happy to have more heavy lifting ladies to chat to :smile:
  • 10inprogress
    10inprogress Posts: 89 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm 36 and a mom of 5 & 6 year old. Always looking for lifters to connect with...especially ladies. Anyone in the same boat feel free to add as well. ☺️
  • Cass2025
    Cass2025 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Finally ladies that lift :) feel free to add me nice to see women who do more than cardio!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - my advice would be to run the strong curves program as designed, or another program, and don't try to re-design it to fit your homemade one.
  • marynificent
    marynificent Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    OP - my advice would be to run the strong curves program as designed, or another program, and don't try to re-design it to fit your homemade one.

Appreciate the advice- haven't actually read the book yet so no opinion either way but good to hear from others.
  • marynificent
    Options
    Really looking forward to getting to know you all!!
  • tooheyz
    tooheyz Posts: 26 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    always refreshing to see women lifting! post baby I did 5x5. worked wonders!

goodluck and enjoy the lifting journey! seeing the weight numbers go up gets addictive!
  • Amyaya
    Amyaya Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me too!!
  • lorriejharrell
    lorriejharrell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Would love to be added! I'm 48 and started with a personal trainer in February and have been amazed at the results! I lift heavy and want to see the muscles!
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i love to add new friends, i'm a power lifter.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Another powerlifter here. Not crazy active on my wall but I try.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    26 and no kids, but I do lift heavy. Add me :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    There are tonnes of ladies on this site who lift.

There are numerous groups for women/people...search them out

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

Here are just a couple.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

and I totally agree with this...I have been lifting for 2 years and wouldn't even dream of trying to "create" my own program.
  • LolaKarwowski
    LolaKarwowski Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Love lifting!!! Only been at it for 2 months and can already see/feel the difference.
  • marynificent
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    There are tonnes of ladies on this site who lift.

There are numerous groups for women/people...search them out

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

Here are just a couple.

Hey stef! Thanks for the information. I'm actually a very experienced lifter - I started when I was 14 and have done it on and off for 20 years! I usually go for isolation over total body and strong lifts type stuff, but I can appreciate the value of both approaches! Before my pregnancy, I was squatting and deadlifting over 200 lbs! I would love to get back there and development of my glutes seems like a great way to support that goal. Thanks again for sharing information, hope to see you around :)

• cindys921
    cindys921 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    33 and 2 kids 8 and 5.. Currently doing stronglifts!! I will add you.
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    26, no kids... I've struggled with an injury for some time but I'm starting Stronglifts again tomorrow!! Feel free to add me.