40lbs down - can u see it yet?

Options

Replies

• leamatthew
    leamatthew Posts: 162
    Options
    yeh i have taken measurements about 10 days ago and have lost 14inches off my body :)
  • leamatthew
    leamatthew Posts: 162
    Options
    My first gut reaction when looking at the first two pictures was "oh honey, I can see more than a SMALL difference!" It may be hard for you to see yourself, but I can definitely tell - your waist/stomach area is visibly smaller. I know it may seem insurmountable when you have a lot to lose, but just take it one day/week at a time and focus on how much you've lost (instead of how far you have to go) and you'll get there. YOu're doing great!!

Totaly agree, was just about to say the same... Have you taken mesurements as they have kept me going when the scales stayed the same for example or I just could not see it.... Keep up the great work you are doing :bigsmile:

yeh i have taken measurements about 10 days ago and have lost 14inches off my body :)
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    you can definitely tell the difference! way to go! Yes your face and your waist are definitely smaller.
    Looking good girl.
  • dgilner
    dgilner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!! You are beautiful btw - and I too love your style girl - even your glasses are cool! If you would like another friend in your circle of support - add me! Best of wishes either way!
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    Awesome job! You are doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Heck yea I can tell! YOU are doing really good!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    um...YEAH! You can tell a difference..especially in the dress (which is cute BTW)

Congrats on your success and good luck on your future success!
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see it! You're doing great!

Katie
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I have also lost 40 pounds and have about 100 more to go and I feel like I don't see any difference except in my face. However, when I look at you, I see the difference on you! You are looking good chica! Keep it up and before long, we will both notice it on ourselves soon!
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    40 lbs? amazing! keep it up! :)
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I can definately see the difference!
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    You look TERRIFIC!!! :) Keep up the great work!
  • thatgirlLeah
    thatgirlLeah Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I can totally see the difference! I few years ago I lost (and have now gained back) 85 pounds and as the weight came off, I'd feel like my body was stuck in appearing a certain way even when the scale said I was dropping weight. I could lose 10-15 pounds and not see a thing. But then I'd lose one more pound and miraculously see a huge adjustment in my body's appearance. I became convinced that it comes of in layers. (No science behind this, just my personal thoughts.) It helped me to stick with it when it got hard. It was almost like a game...how many more pounds before that layer is GONE!?! You're doing great, and I agree with what others have said, you're being too critical and hard on yourself. You're inspiring me! Thank you!!!
  • lesliefoste
    lesliefoste Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yep, everyone's right- including your man- there's a big difference! I also wanted to encourage you that you've lost about 10% of your body weight. Even if you're feeling like you have a long way to go, I hope you'll be encouraged by the fact that, health-wise, 10% of your body weight makes a huge difference! Check out this article:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/lose-weight-gain-tons-of-benefits

Keep it up! Congratulations!!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I can see clearly now - as the song lyrics say! Your face has definitely slimmed and I can also see a difference in your abdomen. You are really doing well and I understand what you mean about not seeing the difference. I find I can see it quickly at first, but then suddenly I don't notice more changes for quite a while. It's funny how our brains don't catch up to our bodies sometimes! Best of luck to you!
  • ashley2789
    ashley2789 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    YES! I can tell in your face and waist!! You look awesome. Good for you!
  • Caityrose
    Caityrose Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    huge difference ! keep it up!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Great job!! keep it up you can do it
  • stephanie21medina
    Options
    Girl ur doing a great work!! Keep it up.. :wink:
  • leigh_wilson
    leigh_wilson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!! I'm inspired!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!