Starving and had a high calorie day

Options
I had a really high calorie day and I'm starving! So discouraged!!!

Replies

• runner1234b
    runner1234b Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Think +. Eat 3 yogurts and be done. You're "hungry" feeling isn't hunger it's emotions. You are hungrier knowing that you want to restrict the rest of the day/night. The feeling of no makes you want food. Also, you are probably anxious from the carbohydrates and thirsty from the sodium content another factor that misleads hunger. Don't think. No more bulk today. Just a few yogurts to make you sleep better and fresh day tomorrow.
  • CSWalker1234
    CSWalker1234 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this,I'm in the same boat.Good advice from the last reply,going to try to stay clear of carb's.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    It often happens when I eat too many simple carbs with little fiber or protein. Yogurt (plain or with fresh fruit) is actually a good cure for balancing out.
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    Hydration!!! Many times when you are dehydrated you will feel hungry. Drink that water!! Half your weight in oz every day!! I get in a gallon of water a DAY!! :)
  • aleycat1
    aleycat1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your encouragement!!!
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I know they are a bit more calorie dense but I really like nuts, especially pistachios, to take the edge off. Drink lots of water, too, to make sure you aren't just thirsty.
  • MrsRJ11
    MrsRJ11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I feel as though I ate enough I actually ate all3 meals today lol. So I'm trying to force myself to sleep but obviously that's not working lol. Think I'm going to try the yogurt and fresh fruit followed by some water.... Ugh the struggle lol
  • aleycat1
    aleycat1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The struggle is so real. I can eat up all my calories by lunch and I'm still hungry. I'm going to try the water and yogurt trick too and see what happens.
  • MrsRJ11
    MrsRJ11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    aleycat1 wrote: »
    The struggle is so real. I can eat up all my calories by lunch and I'm still hungry. I'm going to try the water and yogurt trick too and see what happens.

Lol..... I think my problem is I don't enough as MFP reminds me when I try to complete my diary. I don't know what they want me to eat half a cow or a whole cow lmbo. I seriously feel like I have eaten all day though.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I had a low calorie day and am finishing really full. Dinner was high volume, and I had like 300 grams of fage greek yogurt with PB2. I admit I had struggles right before dinner.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    It often happens when I eat too many simple carbs with little fiber or protein. Yogurt (plain or with fresh fruit) is actually a good cure for balancing out.

This.
    brandyosu wrote: »
    I know they are a bit more calorie dense but I really like nuts, especially pistachios, to take the edge off. Drink lots of water, too, to make sure you aren't just thirsty.

And this.

This is the main problem I have with everyone on here who says the only thing that matters is calories in vs. calories out and that you can eat whatever you want as long as it fits within your calories. This is all true, yet it is not quite as simplistic as that, because eating whatever you want can backfire if you're eating crap. Not saying you ate crap today, OP, just using this as an example. What you eat can definitely influence how hungry you are and your ability to stay within your daily calorie limits.