edited June 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Thanks for your ideas and support!

Replies

• ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Chilli con Carne with Rice
    Spaghetti Bolognese (Meat Sauce with Spaghetti)
    BBQ Chicken, Salad with homemade Fries
    Homemade Paella
    Salmon, Mixed Veg, Spicy Rice (or Risotto)
    Chicken Curry with Plain Rice

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I most frequently do lean meat with two vegetables, one of those being either beans or potatoes. Truly, unless we're going out or having hamburgers, most of my meals are under 600 calories, including tacos and pasta dishes.
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Turkey meatloaf! Smoosh turkey mince (I use breast meat so it's less than 2% fat), with an egg, about 10 grams of oats, some tomato paste, garlic, and whatever herbs you want. I also mix in a bit of cheese. Bake for 45 min-1 hour, adding a bit more cheese on the top about 10 min. before you're done. It is about 300-350 calories per slice (mine makes 4), and you can add a salad, or even some rice with it and still be under 600 calories.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    200 grams (raw) chicken breast grilled, 300 gram (raw) squash grilled, 200 gram steamed rice all comes in under 600 calories.

2 extra-lean hamburger patties (4oz each raw weight) on 2 buns (120 calorie buns) with lettuce, tomato, onion, and jalapenos comes in just under 600.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything from the skinnytaste website.
    Honestly most of my meals are in the 300-450 range. I cook many of the same things I used to, but I've learned to lower the calorie count by reducing or eliminating fats (e.g. cheese, cream, butter, etc) and substituting vegetables for things like pasta and rice. I still eat the pasta, rice, etc but I cut the serving size in half and add a whole lot of veggies.
    Make the bulk of your meal lean protein and vegetables and you should be ok.
  • Elisabuffy19
    Elisabuffy19 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Elisabuffy19
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    200 grams (raw) chicken breast grilled, 300 gram (raw) squash grilled, 200 gram steamed rice all comes in under 600 calories.

2 extra-lean hamburger patties (4oz each raw weight) on 2 buns (120 calorie buns) with lettuce, tomato, onion, and jalapenos comes in just under 600.

Yum, this makes me want a burger!
  • kfdcem
    kfdcem Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Home made soups generally come in under 400 for a nice big serving, especially if you keep the fats lower. Curried butternut squash, ham and pea, sausage and potato/bean... So many options, so little time.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I suggest Recipe. Com and Allrecipes.com
    Both have hundreds of recipes, with nutritional information, and sometime video tutorials.
  • penguin_1234
    penguin_1234 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    kfdcem wrote: »
    Home made soups generally come in under 400 for a nice big serving, especially if you keep the fats lower. Curried butternut squash, ham and pea, sausage and potato/bean... So many options, so little time.

400 calories? For soup?! My homemade ones barely make it to 100 calories, great for lunch...
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I tend towards cold dinner in the summer, hot in winter.

I've been happy with weighed out sandwiches and sliced veggies (bell peppers are faves) lately

Winter time I usually make Soups and chilies in a slow cooker. Even brisket!
  • Elisabuffy19
    Options
    kfdcem wrote: »

400 calories? For soup?! My homemade ones barely make it to 100 calories, great for lunch...

Post your recipes! :-)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I most frequently do lean meat with two vegetables, one of those being either beans or potatoes. Truly, unless we're going out or having hamburgers, most of my meals are under 600 calories, including tacos and pasta dishes.

This. If I really want to cut calories I replace my starch (beans or potatoes, etc) with root veggies or winter squash or just more green veggies. Then it usually comes in under 400, depending on the meat.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm having grilled salmon basted with sweet chili sauce and a huge salad. About 500 cals.
  • ashleyweatherholtzmathis
    Options
    113g boneless skinless chicken breast seasoned with sea salt and pepper topped with 11g of newmans own honey mustard dressing, then baked. 64g of roasted carrots, and 2ounces of parmesean cous cous. All under 400 calories.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

This. If I really want to cut calories I replace my starch (beans or potatoes, etc) with root veggies or winter squash or just more green veggies. Then it usually comes in under 400, depending on the meat.

I might try different root veggies then. If I don't have something starchy and filling, I don't feel satisfied.