Are you pregnant? What's that on your arm?

Options
I've gotten asked a few times recently if I'm pregnant. I know I've gained weight since I went back to college and slowed down on my exercise, but I really didn't think it was to the point that I look like I'm pregnant...I know I shouldn't care what people think or how they judge me, but I'm still human. Plus, trying to loose the weight around my belly is so difficult! I've lost only 5 pounds this month, which for me is great, but it's not enough to make me feel better. I'm starting a boot camp at my gym this month, and I'm hoping that it'll kick start more weight loss and my motivation too. I just can't get away from people judging me about how I look, not to mention I have stretch marks EVERYWHERE, so I don't even wear tank tops, shorts, and I don't even think about wearing a swimsuit. I don't even wear tank tops around my house because I don't want to see my stretch marks..I just feel like a mess.

Replies

• linzee32
    linzee32 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. You need to stop worrying what other people think. I used to get asked if I was pregnant, I reply- yes, ten years ago. Then the person who asks feels like an idiot.
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you are being asked that. Five pounds in a month is good. I'm down just over five in like six weeks. You'll get there when you get there and that's fine. Also try not to worry about stretch marks. They fade over time and blend in pretty well anyway.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    That's one thing as a guy I guess I don't hear much. My sign is when grocery shopping for the family I talk to strangers(it's kinda a Texan thing). Like just randomly ask them opinions on things. I notice when I get bigger what is usually pleasant exchange, becomes this moment where I get this awkward please don't kill me look with almost every person. When I notice and become aware that I look that gross to someone it stabs me in the heart. I can let that tear me down or I can push it aside and use that as a stepping stone to my goal. Which is to be health for my family. I'm sorry someone said that to you. They obviously haven't learned that you don't ask someone that. Since its been said and they can't take it back Your at a crossroads now. You have to decide how that moment will affect your future self. Will you strap it to your shoulders and carry it as a burden or will you break it down and form it in fuel to carry you to your goal?
  • Savannahh1992
    Savannahh1992 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try not to let it bother you! It's easier said than done. I had my son almost two years ago. I work in retail as a cashier, and I get asked if I'm pregnant, when I am I having my baby, you haven't had your baby yet. All kinds of things just about 3-5 times a week if not more. It gets me down so much and I can't say anything smart or else I could get a bad review from them to corporate. What's funny is all my coworkers tell me I don't even look pregnant and that I must have a bunch of idiots come thru my line.
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Is that you in the profile pic? If so, I am confused...
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Whoever asks you that, get their parents' phone numbers and call and ask why they failed at raising children so badly.
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I've been asked the same question more times than I can count. It hurts each & every time. Especially because I so wanted kids and was unable to have any.

Anyways, I had a stock reply for those idiots insensitive enough to ask such a dangerous question: Look them dead in the eye and say "No, I'm just fat". 99% of the time, people would be tongue-tied, tripping over themselves trying to apologize, blushing furiously, the whole works.