Lost 66 pounds in 3.5 months but now everything stopped REALLY NEED HELP PLEASE

Options
13»

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    fatguy232 wrote: »
    I am planning to mix it up.I jog 11.5kms daily but now i am planning to mix it up with walk and weight lifting so that i gain a bit muscles which will result in more need of calories intake.Would that be right?

You're literally never going to gain muscle eating 600 calories a day. Ever. You're actually doing the opposite and burning away your muscle. Once it's gone it's difficult to build it back up, not to mention it's going to take a long time.

Are you doing this diet under your doctor's supervision? If the answer is no, then stop doing what you're doing, eat a reasonable calorie intake and get seen by your doctor. Immediately. Yesterday.

What you're doing in so unhealthy, I can't even put it into words. It's that bad.
  • fatguy232
    fatguy232 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @TheVirgoddess you did great congragulations for your success but is that true even if we do the smart way which you adopted or the shortcut which i used both end up in regaining at relatively same amount of time if we dont exercise or is it false?
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    @jenibethbu You are so kind and i cant thankyou enough for your concern.But last time when i did this even though at that time i had to lose 50 pounds and i did so without facing any sort of problems thats why i went with that again and this time followed it even more agressively than before. Even if the damages are not showing themselves now they can become visible after few years?
    Absolutely there are long term risks that may not present in the immediate! Some of these are irreversible!
    You say that you have done this before and you were fine, but you have to realize that as faulty thinking! If you were lucky enough to get the empty chamber while playing Russian Roulette would you just keep pulling the trigger??
    Would this be the advice you would give to your friend or niece??

• 7luckyforme
    7luckyforme Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Have you tried going keto? I don't recommend it, but there is a book called Fat Fast Cookbook that'll let you eat 1000 calories per day without hunger while remaining and active and keeping muscle. I've stopped extreme diets in favor of a more sustainable approach.

Edit: I lost 20 pounds in two months using the fat fast, but gained it all back during the school year.
  • fatguy232
    Options
    @Ninkyou i cant gain muscle and lose weight through weightlifting unless i dont increase my intake to atleast 1500 calories you mean?
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    @TheVirgoddess you did great congragulations for your success but is that true even if we do the smart way which you adopted or the shortcut which i used both end up in regaining at relatively same amount of time if we dont exercise or is it false?

It's not about exercise. It's about calorie intake.
  • fatguy232
    Options
    @jenibethbu i understand now and thankyou againn for the way you explained everything to me stay blessed
  • fatguy232
    Options
    @7luckyforme you are right i should switch to that caz now even i eat heavy like 2000 calories a day in 2 weeks it would result in loss of 1-2kg then again the scale would stop after i go to my normal LCD.
  • fatguy232
    Options
    @TheVirgoddess and is it true if i reduce by LCD alongwith exercise i will regain weight even if i take normal reccommended calorie intake for me?
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    @Ninkyou i cant gain muscle and lose weight through weightlifting unless i dont increase my intake to atleast 1500 calories you mean?

No, I mean you can't gain muscle in that extreme of a calorie deficit. Perhaps if it was a very modest (small) deficit you might experience newbie gains, which really won't amount to much. Otherwise you need to be eating calories above what you need to maintain and weight training to gain muscle... and even then it takes a long time.
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    @TheVirgoddess and is it true if i reduce by LCD alongwith exercise i will regain weight even if i take normal reccommended calorie intake for me?

When you increase your calories, you will see a temporary gain from your glycogen stores replenishing.
  • fatguy232
    Options
    @Ninkyou oh ok well then what do you suggest i want to lose weight first and then go for any muscle gain? what alterations should i make in my plan apart from adding more calories? Currently i have stopped jogging since last week and now i walk with brisk pace for about 9.5-10.5km
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    You should eat a moderate calorie deficit (no more than 1 lb/week) while lifting weights to help preserve what muscle you have left. Make sure you eat enough protein. Losing weight first AND THEN weight lifting isn't a fantastic idea. I mean, you could do it, but like I said it's going to take A LONG TIME to gain any noticeable muscle that way. Think in terms of years, not weeks or months. You would be better off doing things moderately and lose weight while preserving what little muscle you have left, because realistically, you've probably burned way too much of your muscle off already.
  • fatguy232
    Options
    @Ninkyou alright so what i should be doing is walk alongwith weight lifting to save whatever is left leave alone gain any muscles right?:/
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    @Ninkyou alright so what i should be doing is walk alongwith weight lifting to save whatever is left leave alone gain any muscles right?:/

Walk if you want to, do some weight training and eat more calories.
  • fatguy232
    Options
    @Ninkyou thanks alot for your help stay blessed:)