snacks low in carbs???

Options
rosy_rsls
rosy_rsls Posts: 114 Member
It seems like all my snacks are all carbs!! I need ideas on what else i can eat that is filling but not so high in sugars and carbs ! Please and thank you!

Replies

• Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
    almonds
    turkey
    low fat string cheese
    yogurt
    fruit (has carbs but it's not starchy carbs)
    bell peppers
    tuna
  • JennaLee1486
    JennaLee1486 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I live on fruit, but nuts are also low carb and good protein. I love pistachios but they are a little high in calories. I know almonds are lower, but I'm allergic to those!
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Veggies with hommus

Low carb pitas with fat free cream cheese/ or peanut butter [I broil each side for a few mins.. spray with non fat butter spray.. sprinkle with cinnamon and splenda- yummy!]

Vegetable soup

Turkey bacon

Skim milk with sugar free chocolate syrup
  • maryestephens
    Options
    edamame - for some reason hot foods are more filling to me. Take two handfulls and boil for about 7 minutes. drain and salt. Two hand fulls are equal to a little less than a half cup of beans (the edible part of edamame
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    some of these might be repeats, but here you go!

- hard boiled eggs
    - peppers or carrots with hummus
    - tuna on a few ryvita crisps
    - peanut butter and celery
    - protein powder with 1/2 c. almond or soy milk (toss it in the blender with some ice cubes and a 1/2 c. of water and it's ohhh so tasty)
    - greek yogurt
    - cottage cheese
    - protein pancakes (http://www.oxygenmag.com/recipe.php?id=238)
    - almonds or pistachios
    - guacamole with veggies
    - ham, egg and spinach breakfast cups - I make these ahead of time and keep them in the freezer... SO GOOD! 100 calories, 21 grams protein, 6 grams carbs, 6 grams fat(http://www.porkbeinspired.com/RecipeDetail/2155/Egg,_Spinach_and_Ham_Cups_.aspx)

Hope this helps!! :)