C25K success stories?!?

Options
dpaden25
dpaden25 Posts: 99 Member
So I've recently been researching the c25k, and have been on the edge about doing it. There's very little if any success stories on YT, and if so, no photos. I've been told by others that after you lose the first couple of weeks, that it really doesn't help in that department. I'm looking to lose , and tone , and then lose more lol. I plan on doing Stronglifts on the days off. Would love some success stories and photos please?
Thanks!

Replies

• kelsielumadue
    kelsielumadue Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do c25k and just started strong lifts! For me, c25k is a starting point -- I used it to start running five years ago, and have since run three half marathons and multiple other races. I do it when I need to hit the reset button on pacing my runs. I am doing it again now because I'm recovering from an injury and need to build up my running length slowly. Since trying to do both c25k and SL the past 3-4 weeks, it's hard, but totally doable if you're willing to put in 30-45 mins six days a week. What kind of pictures are you looking for?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 5 k in December. It was awesome!
  • sbogstad
    sbogstad Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just finished C25k, to which I used it to get out of my plateau. During which time I can only say i lost ~5 lbs. On the flip side, I've been doing SL5x5, for a year now and I love it very much, and it's help me lose the other 73+. (I just posted my pictures earlier today, as it's day 365 for me on MFP).

• TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I've used c25k a couple times to get up to running a 5k. Its a great program... just get through week 5 and you'll be good to go, weeks 4 and 5 are pretty brutal if you're not used to running.
  • LoveMyBabes3
    LoveMyBabes3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 of C25K. I've lost 2 inches around my waist, 4 inches around my thighs, 2 inches around my calves, and 2 inches around my butt. It has made a huge difference in how healthy I feel and how my clothes fit. I'm also counting calories.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Me I'm at 10k now! I do running 2-3 times a week and other workouts inbetween
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I did C25K! I went from not being able to run a minute to now running 4.5 miles three or four times a week. I'm currently training for a 10K. It definitely works, but sometimes it's hard. Just push through, and don't be afraid to repeat workouts! Good luck!
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Best decision of my life starting this program - since I have ran in 24 races including a full marathon and 3 half marathons. It led to a healthier lifestyle for me - best of luck!
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    dpaden25 wrote: »
    ... There's very little if any success stories on YT, and if so, no photos....after you lose the first couple of weeks, that it really doesn't help in that department. I'm looking to lose , and tone , ...
    Thanks!

C25k will help you achieve a target of running 5k.

Its not a guarantee for losing weight - c25k or any exercise will help you lose weight if you are under your net calorie goal.
  • dpaden25
    Options
    kelsj8 wrote: »
    I do c25k and just started strong lifts! For me, c25k is a starting point -- I used it to start running five years ago, and have since run three half marathons and multiple other races. I do it when I need to hit the reset button on pacing my runs. I am doing it again now because I'm recovering from an injury and need to build up my running length slowly. Since trying to do both c25k and SL the past 3-4 weeks, it's hard, but totally doable if you're willing to put in 30-45 mins six days a week. What kind of pictures are you looking for?

I'm just thinking photos of weight loss doing C25K. Since I've been told it doesn't really happen, but in the initial 2-3 weeks of doing the program. My thoughts were it's gotta be better than nothing right? That's awesome you're able to do both after recovering from injury. Very inspiring!
  • dpaden25
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Ran my first 5 k in December. It was awesome!

That's awesome! I could never imagine me getting there.. #babysteps
  • dpaden25
    Options
  • dpaden25
    Options
    I did C25K! I went from not being able to run a minute to now running 4.5 miles three or four times a week. I'm currently training for a 10K. It definitely works, but sometimes it's hard. Just push through, and don't be afraid to repeat workouts! Good luck!

Thanks for the advice!
  • dpaden25
    Options
    Jess830409 wrote: »
    Best decision of my life starting this program - since I have ran in 24 races including a full marathon and 3 half marathons. It led to a healthier lifestyle for me - best of luck!

Glad to hear that! Confession, I'm a smoker and really hoping this helps with quitting. I've read that in a lot of posts
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!