What books are you reading that are not 'health' related.

Options

Replies

• Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, i didn't think i would get that many responses, but wow....AWESOME. I have to load my kindle up. You guys/gals gave me some great idea and i will check them out. Right now i have to start with the "the girl with the dragon tattoo" by Steig Larsson, I saw the movies and loved them and now i want to read all the books, 3 of the.

Thanks Eveyone ;0)

I have a kindle too - love that thing. I know these movies were AMAZING...so I can't wait to read the books as well. Right now I'm reading World War Z - it's actually a really good read, although I'm not sure how they're going to make it into a movie.
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Just finished Water for Elephants which was really good and now I'm starting Secret Daughter.

I just finished Secret Daughter.... It was amazing!! I definitely recomend it!!
    Enjoy... :)
  • zzmdfh
    zzmdfh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The Dark Hunter series by Sherrlyn Kenyon. Funny boy meets girl, girl finds out boy is immortal and hates him, they kill a bunch of bad immortals, fall in love, live happily ever after - literally! My 19 year old daughter got me to read these and they are really a lot of fun to read.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    oh!! is there a new sookie book?!?!?! I didn't know that!!! make that 3 books that I will be reading then! LOL

I'm currently reading " Dead Reckoning" on my kindle. It's the latest in the Sookie Stackhouse Series. For those of you that don't know, "True Blood" on HBO is based on the Sookie Stackhouse series. What can I say, I'm a sucker for vampire books. :smile:
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I just finished the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. Now I'm reading Kathy Reichs first in her Bones series. I dovnot have a kindle, but use the app on my phone. Love it!
  • BellaCoconut
    Options
    Hi!
    I love my Kindle, too- being a voracious reader, i can plough through a book in a few hours- so on holidays I love it now that i don't end up with like, 10 books to take home with me! Too much luggage...
    ( Mind you, i do miss that fresh "book smell", I wonder if amazon can incorporate that into the kindle somehow? haha)
    I just finished reading "People of the Mist" by H. Rider Haggard, its a lost race fantasy novel- highly recommended if you like this genre.
    Otherwise...I could go on for hours, but can recommend some of my faves:
    "Pillars of the earth" and "World without End"- Ken Follett
    "Oryx and Crake"- Margaret Atwood- some challenging themes but a really amazing read. I love anything by Margaret Atwood!
    "Foucaults Pendulum", "Baudolino", "the Island of the Day before" By Umberto Eco- i love everything by Eco, he's a genius!
    "Cathedral of the Sea" Ildefonso Falcones

...i won't go on, cause now I'm just nerding out. :glasses:
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Reading the first book in the Hunger Games triology
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward..I am on Lover Avenged right now.,.It's paranormal romance..they are great..
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Perks of Being a Wallflower. For probably the 1,000th time.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Naked by Davis Sedaris. I love him. When I am finished I am starting Game of Thrones.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading the third book in the A song of ice and fire series by George RR Martin. I HIGHLY recommend them, they are incredible books!

LOVE this series!!!!!!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. It's a fiction book about black maids and their employers set in the 1950s-60s in Mississippi. It's very good!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I am reading Heaven Is For Real. It's a four year old boy's account about how he went to Heaven. The story is written by his father. It is so refreshing on how he gives his accounts of how heaven is. Check it out it will truly strengthen your faith. Oh it's by Todd Burpo

I soooo want to read this book... hoping to get it soon :)
  • Talako
    Talako Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your kindle, and wishing you many happy reading hours.

Am reading to and with my 8 year old son, and we're on the third Harry Potter book.
    I also just finished: Because They Hate, by Brigitte Gabriel.

I read the whole Potter Series to my son. I miss doing that.
  • Maya1979
    Maya1979 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm currently reading Persuasion by Jane Austen.
  • j_zanzig
    j_zanzig Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks!
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    oh!! is there a new sookie book?!?!?! I didn't know that!!! make that 3 books that I will be reading then! LOL

I'm currently reading " Dead Reckoning" on my kindle. It's the latest in the Sookie Stackhouse Series. For those of you that don't know, "True Blood" on HBO is based on the Sookie Stackhouse series. What can I say, I'm a sucker for vampire books. :smile:

Ya know...I love vampire books...and I love True Blood...but I didn't really like this book series. I couldn't get past the first few chapters of the first book. I just don't like her writing style.
  • lkirchner82
    lkirchner82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a beach vacation and was able to catch up on a lot of reading!

Riding the Bus with My Sister - Rachel Simon
    Thinking in Pictures - Temple Grandin
    To Kill a Mockingbird (I've read it at least a dozen times, but it is still fabulous every time!) - Harper Lee
    The first three Harry Potters - again!
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a beach vacation and was able to catch up on a lot of reading!

Riding the Bus with My Sister - Rachel Simon
    Thinking in Pictures - Temple Grandin
    To Kill a Mockingbird (I've read it at least a dozen times, but it is still fabulous every time!) - Harper Lee
    The first three Harry Potters - again!

Temple Grandin is awesome. Have you seen the movie they made about her? It is amazing.