agreenid
agreenid Posts: 218 Member
epbcpxanoirb.png

Slightly over 5'7.
HW: 290 +
SW: 198
CW: 193
GW1: 160

Yesterday I walked into the Zara that just opened and tried on some clothes. All of the pants I tried on were size 8 or 10. All the size 10s fit. Most of the 8s did as well. I had grabbed a handful of tops as well. This one that I ended up buying is a size medium. I can't even tell you the last time I wore a medium--Jr. High, I think.

I met my mom for coffee during my lunch break today and had her take this picture. The first thing I want to do, my instinct, is to pick it apart. The arm fat, the pudgy bits, the--but you know what? Screw that. I bought a size medium, in a normal store. I am wearing my size 8 jeans from Anne Taylor. I am a work in progress but I am progressing. I feel healthy and strong and proud of the body that I am working with.

And I feel pretty damn amazing today.

Replies

• amycfatnomore
    amycfatnomore Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    good job! :)
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    You look great, and carry the weight extremely well!
  • agreenid
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Whoops! Just realized I put CW as 193--it should be 173! Of course I can't go back and edit... at least I marked the picture right.

Slightly over 5'7.
    HW: 290 +
    SW: 198
    CW: 173
    GW1: 160

Thanks guys for your support--it's amazing what 24 pounds off can feel like!
  • carlstokes8
    carlstokes8 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great thanks for the Motivation
  • alwilson1974
    alwilson1974 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look awesome.
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You go girl
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look awesome!!
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    WTG!!
  • healthy_life2015
    healthy_life2015 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You look so great and your attitude is even better! Sometimes learning to be kind to ourselves is harder than losing weight will ever be!
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I think you look amazing! ;)
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • agreenid
    Options
    You look so great and your attitude is even better! Sometimes learning to be kind to ourselves is harder than losing weight will ever be!

This is so true! It is a constant reminder that I have made a commitment to being healthier and that the goal isn't "thin" it's "fit". I'm getting there--every day is a new day to keep working on it. Having a community and support system like MFP has made all the difference!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I love this post, and you look awesome by the way! <3
  • janiep81
    janiep81 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You look so good!

Your stats are similar to mine. I'm 5'7.5" and my goal weight is 159. You appear to carry your weight like I do, and I'd be thrilled to look like you! :):):) The last time I weighed 175 (my lowest in adulthood, I think), I wore a 10... sometimes an 8 on a really good day. I can't wait to get back there again... and then to keep going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!