Keto Friends!

Options
tcoun
tcoun Posts: 16 Member
I've been on the Keto diet since late March and I'd like to add others for support. I honestly don't care what age/gender you are, the more friends, the merrier. I find it interesting and inspiring to see what other low carb dieters are eating. :smile:

Replies

• randiewilliams72
    randiewilliams72 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just started myself about a month or so ago. Been slowing decreasing my carb intake for a couple months prior. Feel free to add me.
  • Sangsterr
    Sangsterr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Is there any reason in particular for why you have chosen the keto diet?
  • fernandaBush
    fernandaBush Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto for 8 months now. It's great. I hope it works well for you
  • tcoun
    Options
    Sangsterr wrote: »
    Well, for starters, I've over come obesity, prediabetes, and high blood pressure/cholesterol thanks to the Keto diet. It forces me to stay away from junk foods, and I just feel better overall! I plan to stay on it for life ,but maybe not as low carb as I am now. :smile:
  • tcoun
    Options
    I've been doing keto for 8 months now. It's great. I hope it works well for you

Im so glad for you :smile: .
  • stephcarson38
    stephcarson38 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm keto for 18 months. You can add me too
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    tcoun wrote: »
    Well, for starters, I've over come obesity, prediabetes, and high blood pressure/cholesterol thanks to the Keto diet. It forces me to stay away from junk foods, and I just feel better overall! I plan to stay on it for life ,but maybe not as low carb as I am now. :smile:

I agree! How many carbs are you averaging a day?
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me as well. I do low carb for the most part or count calories if I can't do low carb for special occasions.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Mostly keto over here. I aim for roughly 20-30 net carbs/day. I did it for a few months and saw a HUGE, positive change in my cholesterol numbers and lost weight for the first time in a VERY LONG TIME, so I'm sold on it. :)

("Mostly" meaning when I'm doing the cooking...)

Feel free to add! :)
  • tcoun
    Options
    tcoun wrote: »

I agree! How many carbs are you averaging a day?

On bad days, I do 30 net carbs. That's extremely rare. I average about 15-20 net carbs per day though :smile:
  • tcoun
    Options
    Mostly keto over here. I aim for roughly 20-30 net carbs/day. I did it for a few months and saw a HUGE, positive change in my cholesterol numbers and lost weight for the first time in a VERY LONG TIME, so I'm sold on it. :)

("Mostly" meaning when I'm doing the cooking...)

Feel free to add! :)

Totally understand :smile:
    I usually try staying below 30 carbs as well. I tend to eat more calories/carbs on the weekends unfortunately (but no more than 30). I also exercise intensively, so I'm sure most of those carbs are used as fuel.