hi!! breakfast meals

Options
SabrinaSchmitz95
SabrinaSchmitz95 Posts: 1 Member
Hi everyone! I am looking for some yummy easy cheap low calorie breakfast meals for in the morning. My weight lost goal is really20 lbs but i would be happy with looks 15 lbs! Any advice would be appreciated :)

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You could try doing a search for recipes... My best suggestion for quick, cheap, easy and low calorie is "nothing". Works for me!
  • DodgeRam2014
    DodgeRam2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Three tablespoons of Egg Beaters, peppers & ham (for protein), baked in ramekins at 375° for approximately 30 minutes - voilà, mini quiche! Just over 50 calories each, two for breakfast takes me to lunch with zero issues! You can put any veggies you want so experiment!
  • LowanaDavies
    LowanaDavies Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I generally have an egg white omelette (3whites + I whole egg + handful of spinach) with mushrooms or half a cup of cooked steel cut oats - both cheap and low in calories and keep me going ! :)
  • TheLittleGingerDoesWeightLoss
    Options
    So my hope here is to provide some other schools of thought, since I found this to be interesting.

Healthy - I have heard the tip of thinking of breakfast as not breakfast. I don't know if you are in America, but I go to's tend to be eggs, bacon, potatoes of some kind, sausage, biscuits, pancakes, etc. This all piled together makes for calorie-dense food. So instead of going for the standard breakfast fare, try something that's healthier but maybe has breakfast flavor? Or if you were never a fan of breakfast in the first place, then simply just think of it as first lunch?

Cheap - Find swaps. Like my biggest flub with making breakfast smoothies a long time ago was that I was buying fresh berries and fruit and then baggying them up. Frozen fruits are cheaper, last longer and are already frozen. If you like chicken breast, try going for dark meats. And so on...
  • girl816
    girl816 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A simple fruit salad with at least three different fruits is a good start to the day
  • BeginnersBootcamp
    BeginnersBootcamp Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Egg whites scrambled with tomatoe and mushroom, throw in some canned tuna, some salsa, eat with a rice cake
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i like eggs and cheese and and English muffin, or a kashi golean cereal

or just coffee, black like my heart :wink:
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    low calorie means something different to each person. My breakfasts range from 300-550 calories depending on the rest of my day (I usually pre-enter my food). My two favorite breakfast combos are:
    -1/4 cup egg whites + 1 egg (with either ham or veggies for a mix-in) paired with 1/2 cup roasted sweet potatoes
    -chobani plain greek yogurt with 2 TB granola and a touch of honey + 1 slice wheat bread toasted with 1/2 TB pb
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Lately ive been doing half cup quick oats, scoop whey/casein blend, and some pb. seems to keep me the fullest out of all my usual breakfasts, oats and pb are dirt cheap, protein powder per serving is around the price of boneless skinless chicken breast.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered oatmeal jars... you take instant oats, your choice of a "liquid"- be it yogurt, low fat milk, juice, and any fruit, spices, sweetners you like and put it in a jar (or any air-tight container) and mix the oats and liquid in a 1:1 ratio along with your spices or sweetners and let it sit overnight. in the morning, add your fruit and you're good to go! made it for the first time last night and ate it this morning and I'm still full and I didn't even finish it all. I made it with oats, strawberry banana yogurt, and bananas. it was yummy and came in at around 300 calories which you can control based on what you put into it :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I suggest going with yummy, easy, cheap, and nutritious. I find I need to eat enough at breakfast to keep from eating too much for the rest of the day. My target is about a 400 calorie breakfast, and I find a way to include protein for staying power.
    • Refrigerator/overnight oats
    • Make-ahead egg muffins with onions and other vegetables on hand cut fine, egg, and a little cheese.
    • Peanut butter and sliced banana on toast with a glass of milk.
    • Microwave a cored apple filled with nuts and sprinkled with Stevia and cinnamon. Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt.

If your goal is simply low-cal, have a coffee with sweetener.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Fried egg sandwich: fried egg (use cooking spray) topped with a slice of lowfat cheese between 2 slices of low-carb (diet) bread (regular or toasted)
    Protein shake
    Banana and a light yogurt
    Turkey or ham sandwich or wrap (meat, lowfat cheese and either low carb bread or a low carb wrap) - one of my mainstays as I'm not a huge breakfast food fan
    Supper leftovers
    Protein bar
  • notsofatroxy55
    notsofatroxy55 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I make an overnight oatmeal that tastes like your eating a desert. 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup milk/ 1 tablespoon plain yogurt, a drizzle of honey, a couple of dates cut up, cinnamon, a little bit of chia seeds, mix up in a ball jar, and refrigerate overnight.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats, muffins, waffles, scones, etc
  • loreleit
    loreleit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Busy day so got my protein on! Sandwich round, egg fried with Pam, low fat bacon with green chile & diced onion ;)
  • loreleit
    Options
    Three tablespoons of Egg Beaters, peppers & ham (for protein), baked in ramekins at 375° for approximately 30 minutes - voilà, mini quiche! Just over 50 calories each, two for breakfast takes me to lunch with zero issues! You can put any veggies you want so experiment!

• loreleit
    Options
    Sounds yummy!!
  • lucygallegos1
    lucygallegos1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Coffee with a lil sweetner n a whole wheat toast with pb yummy filling n will keep this girl going.lol
  • curlyteetee
    curlyteetee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I suggest going to check out skinnytaste.com, they have everything you are looking for and soooo much more. Great recipes and yummy food!!