Flat Butt success stories? ha!

Options

Replies

• chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I have a big o booty ;) But it's definitely the genetics. My best advice is squats and to STAY OFF THE ELLIPTICAL! I worked out so hard on the elliptical for a couple of weeks and I had more than a few comments on my shrinking booty. I avoid that machine like the plague now!

Of course, though. Every body is different, so I don't want to generalize. Good luck girls! :)
  • reallivefitness
    Options
    My mother and I are both lacking butt roundness naturally, but I know that ever since I did Insanity my bf has been complimenting my butt much more. Though I stopped doing that like 2 months ago and now I do kettlebells, which are a lot of squats. You may not like squats, but your booty will! :-)
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    If you watch the special features for Dukes of Hazzard, Jessica Simpson says that she did squats to fill out her daisy dukes (I remember all sorts of weird things).

Squats are great for you in general. One poster said that her knees grind while performing squats, this could be caused by bad form. Here is a great page on how to squat properly:

http://stronglifts.com/how-to-squat-with-proper-technique-fix-common-problems/

This website also has a great program for lifting weights.

Also check out youtube for great videos.
  • wendycheng
    wendycheng Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Squats?
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Lol so my mom has a big butt and my dad has the flatest butt ever and thank god I was blessed and inherited my moms bubble butt but too bad for my sisters they have my dads butt and they hate me for that lol!!!! I'm new to this site I haven add any pics yet but I will!!! But yea I think squats will do the job!!
  • riacurtis
    riacurtis Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • iamthepreston
    iamthepreston Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    It will not be fast bc what you are trying to accomplish is change genetics.

You will need to train legs like a bodybuilder. That is roughly 6-10 reps. Losing weight and burning calories will not do the job. You will have to actually train to increase the size of your glutes, and the only way to do that is to also increase the size in your legs, hamstrings and quads.

I caloric surplus would also be needed.
  • AbysmalFitness
    AbysmalFitness Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well i'm a guy and had a similar problem where at first it was too fat cause i was fat then it just went flat like a book cover! then i started working out on my lower half like stepper, cycling, squats and more and started eating right did lots of walking and then my booty started coming out in a nice way even had a few compliments here and there so i believe there is a way to get the booty you want if you look at me pics there's one of my booty now lol

i tend to put up different blogs or wall posts for different exercises that guys and gals want to do for each body part, they ask me and i go find and put it up so if you need some ideas or tips, give me a shout and i'll be happy to help!
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Try the Brazil Butt Lift dvd program. It has a customized program for a flat butt. I love it!

Oooooooh! I will look into it.. I'm doing P90x right now so not sure if I'd be able to manage but will keep it in mind!

And I HATE squats!! I have a bad knee that will gring when I do them.

Ive had "crumbly" knees for years, i had physio and had to take painkillers, i found when i started doing workouts, especially the 30 day shred that they hurt sooo much, but after completing it and walking alot i have had not one problem with my knees, they key is to strengthen them, they may click and crunch at first but i prmise you if you dedicate yourself they will improve :) (ps i have a mild form of arthritus) i no longer take pain killers of need physio
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Why do you want a big butt? I have always had quite a flat one and I like it that way. Who wants a sticky out backside?
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Wow flat behinds unite!

Fteale- I want a round behind, not necessarily a big butt, just something! I have awesome curves (hips, waist, legs) and the more weight I lose the better the curves look so I just don't think it looks very proportioned in my opinion.

I had an EX (key word- EX) tell me "from the front you look like you have some good junk in the trunk because of your hips and waist and it looks soo good but then you turn to the side and pshshs" (yeah he made a fart noise like meh)

Jerk!

Cowandmonkey- That's awesome, no more meds! You hear all the time that if you have bad knees you can't do lunges or squats and a lot of other stuff! So what the heck are you supposed to do? Kwim? I'm going to be nice knee and like another poster said, make sure I use correct form.

Iamthepreston- I definately don't like in the leg department. They need some toning up but I love my thick legs! Now THOSE, all sisters got those from our momma! We were always known as the sisters with the hot legs... But I'd love to see what hard work would do to them!

Abysmal- You name all the crap I hate (stepper, squats) lol. Maybe that's why I have a flat butt? :P
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Why do you want a big butt? I have always had quite a flat one and I like it that way. Who wants a sticky out backside?

Most people, unfortunately for us pancake butt types. I don't even look that great in yoga pants despite my nice legs. Notice how no one posted a success story yet. There are worse things in the world I suppose. I actually wish they made better, more natural looking *kitten* padded underwear, just like how most women wear padded bras.
  • 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Try the treadmill with an incline above 10. It worked for me:-) I grew a Shapley roll! You can work your way up at your own pace. :love:
  • missmeee
    missmeee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well I got a nice size booty, but it's a damn shame my booty is the first to go when I start loosing weight, I wish my stomach, arm , and back fat would disappear instead
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Brett Contreras' Strong Curves.
    It's a good read!
    I also recently remembered how step aerobics strengthened the area and made a difference:)

ideas: Glute bridges in a variety of ways, hill runs, stairs, squats, lunges and deadlifts :)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I know I am out of synch with fashion, but I think little butts should be cherished, and nurtured.
  • lessofme43
    lessofme43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Before I lost weight, my butt was big & round, but it seemed that as I started losing it came off my butt first, and I was less than thrilled with my flat butt. That said, I think it is much easier buying pants, skirts, jeans, etc. with a smaller butt than with a round one! I've been doing squats for a month (I don't exercise or lift in the gym, just at home, & not rigorously) and I can see a difference, so I'm sticking with it. I also just recently added leg lifts and pelvic lifts, and will add more booty-shaping exercises in time (I do things gradually so as not to overwhelm myself). Like most other things, it will take a little work to get what you want.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I have never had much of a butt. I started a squat challenge and I have noticed it's making my bum more shapely. Even my husband and a few other people have made comments about how I'm finally getting a butt. LOL So I say squat and lunge it up!
  • AcrylicDreams
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with having a flatter butt! Victoria's Secret models don't have "junk in the trunk" and they look beautiful! I'll bet you do too.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Squats. Heavy barbell squats.

And deadlifts, step-ups and lunges. With heavy weights.

I used to have a flat, saggy butt, but now it's fairly high, tight and round. It gets better every month.

Lift heavy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!