What's your biggest challenge in losing weight?

Options
tashakalo
tashakalo Posts: 11 Member
edited June 2015 in Getting Started
I'm curious - what has been your biggest challenge with losing weight so far?

For me, I can't seem to handle myself when I eat with friends, coworkers, etc. If I'm out with friends (or if my boyfriend brings a pizza home, which is often) - I just go NUTS and eat everything in sight! When I'm by myself, though - it's a lot easier to stay on track with eating clean.

What about you?

Replies

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is staying focused for the long haul. Not giving up when I get a little off track, and finding the strengh to ignore daily flucuations by keeping my eye on the prize. For me, the prize is fitting back into clothes I haven't worn in 13 years and looking the way I like to look. I've already reversed some health issues and that is great, but feeling like I look good trumps that. Whether that's right or wrong doesn't matter, it's what keeps me going - when the going gets tough.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Emotional/ binge eating.
  • kat_princess12
    kat_princess12 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge tends to be the cravings that set in the week before menstruation. I want nothing but carbs, and I tend to be depressed at that time too, so I end up not watching what I eat. Which would be fine if I only gave in for a few days, but unfortunately it tends to be hard to get back on track afterwards.
  • egengr
    egengr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Having to cook every meal. staying away from pre packaged food and fast food. I try to only eat from the perimeter of the grocery store. "fresh food"
    A full day at work and few hours in the gym, the last thing I want to do is cook.. Thank god for the subway chopped salads.
  • emilyrice0501
    emilyrice0501 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is money. I am a poor college senior and Ramen is a lot cheaper than healthy food. I'm also extremely busy. Oh, and I love nothing more than sweets. That's a struggle as well.
  • JudithNYC
    JudithNYC Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Not so much for weight loss as for health: exercise. Every day I promise myself that I will at least walk a mile and every day I "forget". And it's not even that I can't do it, it's that I am LAZY.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Patience is mine. I must remind myself that while losing it fast is good for my confidence, losing it slowly is good for my long-term future.
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    eating out is really tough for me. when I stay home or take my lunch to work, I do great. When I have to go out to eat, all the sudden my calories take a sharp rise.

The other thing is patience. when not losing fast enough or when your body fluctuates its weight for no apparent reason.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    My biggest challenge is staying focused for the long haul. Not giving up when I get a little off track, and finding the strengh to ignore daily flucuations by keeping my eye on the prize.

This! OMG I can't tell you how many times I do this!

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    My challenge is the fact that it's now summer and it seems like every weekend someone is having a BBQ, engagement party or housewarming party filled with delicious food and abundances of fruity alcoholic beverages. I've learned to limit myself. And I typically eat at a great deficit throughout the week to "save up" for one day out of the weekend. Seems to have worked thus far.
  • geisha_runner
    geisha_runner Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My biggest hurdle is actually tracking my food. I find it tedious and annoying a lot of the time.
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Dining out at restaurants where I can't find calorie information, and being patient.
  • shell82mp
    shell82mp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is I love to eat if I'm hungry for it I end up ordering it like pizza or Chinese. Or after work stopping for fast food. And I drink tons of soda a day. Plus I hate all fruits and veggies and I'm not a big water drinker. I am starting to drink more water and putting lemonade packs in a bottle of water help. Plus I hate to exercise but I'm trying to push myself with that to.
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Emotional eating.
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Self control
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Sticking to the plan, working out hard and eating clean, even when the @#$*^! scale refuses to budge. I get really frustrated when I make MAJOR changes in my eating and activity, but don't see any positive results for weeks at a time. While my Brain knows the scale doesn't really matter, and that I am doing good things for my body and being healthier, my Feelings scream "The heck with this! You might as well eat what you want and sit on your butt because this isn't working."
  • KaylaZielinski1
    KaylaZielinski1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is trying to get enough exercise in for the day when I have to work. Another big challenge is when someone makes a big dinner and I want to eat ALL of it and I either have to eat something else or have a tiny portion. It drives me nuts for a few hours LOL
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    For me, it is making sure the food I eat is actually healthy. I am having to learn what is a better decision. It kills me to think I am eating something healthy and it be just as bad as eating a whopper with cheese. I have had a hard time turning away from cravings, but I have done it. I want pizza so bad this week, but I decided to find a healthy version and try it. One day at a time, one meal at a time, one workout at a time. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    beer
  • nutmeg86rb
    nutmeg86rb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge tends to be the cravings that set in the week before menstruation. I want nothing but carbs, and I tend to be depressed at that time too, so I end up not watching what I eat. Which would be fine if I only gave in for a few days, but unfortunately it tends to be hard to get back on track afterwards.

Amen sister!