Today I hit my first goal!!!!

Options
Well... Today was the my first goal I have hit since I started eating clean and exercising on a consistant regular basis.

I start this new life journey January 15, 2011 at a WHOPPING 350 pounds. Yep... I said it. I have never EVER been this heavy. I'm not even sure where it came from. :S I must say I owe this forever new life to my Mother, who heard about this new program on the radio and signed my Father and I along with herself up for this. Unwillingly, I went with her. It was a gym member ship :S a personal nurtrionist and self help group...

I felt sick to my stomach the first day. I remember that day well actually. I sat in my truck and waited and waited for my parents to get there. I remember texting Paul (my husband) saying how sick I felt and how there were so many beautiful people running on the tredmills etc. I was sooooo nervious. So finally they came and I went in with them. I think I was the biggest person in the gym. What a great feeling.... NOT! Anyway I did it.. the first work out of my life... and I didn't die. I couldn't believe it. I was so excited that I phoned my best girlfriend ever (who has lost about 100 lbs on her own... kodo's to miss Emily) and I cried... I cried on the way home.. I told her I couldn't believe it.. I did it..

So that's how it started.. I still have hesitations walking into the gym on my own. But I go. and I do it. I might still sit in my car and wait a miniute, but I do go in. Thanks to eating wonderfully and the guys at Island Fitlife. I have lost a whopping 51.2 pounds as of this morning... BYE BYE 300's I wish I could say it was nice knowing you.. But i'm super thankful I will never and yes I meant NEVER see you again. There is a fit beautiful girl in this fat suit just screaming to come out. I can't wait to meet her. Next goal isn't that far off at 270 by my birthday. I know I can do it. I know we all can do it. Just 10 lbs at a time. Remember to breath, day after day comes that turns into weeks as it always does... So why not be healthy and live each day to the fullest ;) (in a healthy way)

Replies

• natoya_j
    natoya_j Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm so happy for you. Every goal met is an accomplishment and a major step towards accomplishing more. Keep up the work.
  • alianf
    alianf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This was a great story that brought a tear to my eye. CONGRATULATIONS on your great success! Keep going strong!
  • koukla702
    koukla702 Posts: 171
    Options
    AWESOME GIRL!!!!!!!

Huge accomplishment!

Congrats :0)
  • tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    This was a great story that brought a tear to my eye. CONGRATULATIONS on your great success! Keep going strong!

Me too!! Awesome story! Great work!!! So proud of you!
  • PhoenyxRising
    PhoenyxRising Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Amazing story--- I totally needed to be re-motivated and that just did it for me. Thank you SO much and congrats on the lifestyle change!! Can't wait for your next update!
  • sarah_boombah
    sarah_boombah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    How inspiring - well done, what a fantastic job :)
  • xxx29
    xxx29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great going! So happy for you.
  • KCB1978
    KCB1978 Posts: 113
    Options
    This is fantastic news :)
  • av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    Options
    So excited for you!!! I am also so happy to see someone remotely close to me...lol...I was thinking I was the only West Coaster around here..lol..oh yeah and GO 'NUCKS GO!
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Kongratulation kshepherds!!!

A well deserved and well earned VICTORY! Happy early Birthday!!! when is yours? (mine is on the 14th so happy early b-day to me too LOL).

You've been at this twice as long as I have and lost twice as much. I began 9 weeks ago and have shed 27.5 lbs, 2% body fat and 5.5 inches off my waist. In other words, you give me hope to keep going.

Thank you.
    >Rob
  • juang3
    juang3 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment you have achieved! Your hard work right now will continue to pay you back in the years to come!!! I am proud that you made that first step!!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    what an awesome achievement..i want to lose 80 and i have 69 to go.....you are an inspiration and i know that you will succeed.....continued success to you
  • mak_101
    mak_101 Posts: 28
    Options
    That is soooo awesome!!! You are an inspiration to all of us on the journey to a new YOU! Thanks and keep it up.
  • justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!! The hardest step is often the first...you should be so proud of yourself!!!
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    So proud of you! Great job!
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • atashap
    atashap Posts: 85
    Options
    congrats.....so proud of you, love your story, it really touched my heart. Keep up the good work.
  • sclosson
    sclosson Posts: 120
    Options

Me too!! Awesome story! Great work!!! So proud of you!

Me, too. had a similar gym experience myself.
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!